✧Chapter 30 - Locked Up! (Pt. 1)

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"What's up?" I look up from my notebook to see Jade taking seat beside Ana and putting her food down on the table

Ana puts an arm around her and pull her in for a peck. A wide smile plastered on her face, making Jade smile too.

"Someone's cheery." I point out, raising an eyebrow at Jade.

"Yeah, you're all extra smiley today. It's weird, isn't it?" Beck adds, teasingly asking me. I nod in feign shock and stare at Jade.

Jade lets out a scoff and roll her eyes, "Shut up. I've got a girlfriend, I'm going to Cancun, why the hell not?" She states, putting an arm around Ana.

"Speaking of, my parents are still worried about me going." Ana informs, frowning, "They're probably gonna call you again." She gives Jade a knowing look.

"Well, it's nothing I can't handle." Jade shrugs casually as she sips on her coffee, "The hard part was dinner with them, and that's over now."

"Right, Cancun." I sigh out loud, pouting slightly.

Beck and Jade's family are going to away together for semester break, just like most years. This year, they are going to Cancun, fun. Last year, I spent semester break with Beck and his family. Every other time, I'd spend it with Ana. But this year, Jade invited Ana to come with her.

Which means I am stuck alone. Great.

"You know, you can come with us. It'd be fun." Ana tries to convince me again.

"Yeah, vacationing with my ex and his family. That should be tons of fun." I smile sarcastically at her, resting my chin on the heel of my palm.

"More like, vacation with your friend so he won't be a third-wheel with them." Beck corrects me, returning my sarcastic smile as he nods towards Jade and Ana.

"Well, guess you'll just have to suck it up." I smirk at him and pat his shoulder.

"Come on, you'd really rather spend the entire break stuck with Tori and Trina than in Cancun with us?" Jade raises an eyebrow at me, giving me a knowing look.

"You're my friend, and I really, really like spending time with you all, but I'd choose neither." I tell her with an apologetic smile, "I'm gonna be spending my break working. I took the full time shift at the diner." I tell them, "Plus, I get to work on my new song." I add, pointing at the notebook and laptop in front of me.

"You're making another song?" Beck questions, looking at me in confusion.

"Yeah, apparently the songs I've actually written are not "good enough"." I quote with a sigh, "Two labels and an an agency declined me already, I gotta up my game."

"Yeah, sorry about that." Ana frowns at me, patting my hand that was on the table.

"Yeah, it'll be fine." I shake my head and put on a smile for them, "I got another audition this evening. So, fingers crossed." I tell them hopefully.