✧Chapter 25 - Tori Gets Stuck

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"Let's

"Let's... discuss.... acting." Sikowitz says dramatically in front of the class. We stare at each other in confusion before looking back at him as he stays silent, staring back at us expectantly.

"What about acting?" André asks him.

Sikowitz raises an eyebrow in confusion before chuckling, "Oh, yes." He claps his hands in realization, "Any questions?"

I raise my hand up high and when he points at me, I ask, "What is going on?" He stares at me blankly, not answering the question.

"One time," Cat chimes in randomly, "my brother painted part of his body purple."

"Well, why did your brother paint part of his body purple?" Robbie questions her.

"He had a job interview." She answers him casually, "It was good, but he didn't get it." She shakes her head, chuckling.

"We should learn not to ask follow-up questions." Trey states.

"Yeah." "Definitely." We all nod, agreeing with him.

The bell rings and we all start walking out the class, "Wait, wait, wait!" Sikowitz stops us all. "Would anyone be interested in seeing the cast list for our little play called Steamboat Suzy?" He smirks, lifting up the paper for us to see. We cheer excitedly and start to walk towards him to take the paper.

"I got the lead, right?" Jade immediately asks him.

He stares at her nervously and raises an eyebrow, "Pardon?" His voice cracks in fear towards the end of the word.

"Well, Ana, Lia, and I auditioned for the part. So it's either one of us, but hopefully, I'm playing Suzy, right?" She asks him again in a more pointed tone. Sikowitz looks around nervously before dropping the paper on the ground and running out of the class, slamming the door behind him.

We watch Jade walk up to the stage and pick the paper up from the floor. "Did you get the lead?" Ana asks her curiously. She looks up at us with a blank look before crumpling the paper and throwing it to the floor. She proceeds to kick a chair angrily and runs a hand through her hair.

"I don't think she got it." André comments, standing a little further away from Jade.

Ana goes to stand beside Jade, putting an arm around her and rubbing Jade's arm up and down. "So, who's playing Suzy?" I ask around.

Tori picks up the paper and reads it before looking up at Jade who is already glaring at her, "Me."

Jade nods angrily, "Yeah, her. That." She points aggressively at Tori, "She got the lead."

"Well, what part did you get?" Trey asks her warily, his voice small when Jade turns to glare at him.

"I got cheated and humiliated." Jade states, crossing her arms angrily.