✧Chapter 34 - Jade Gets Crushed

Start from the beginning

"Wait, Cat, stay right there for a moment." I call out to her in between laughs and she turns around. I lift up my camera and points it her way. After getting my hand to stop shaking from the laughter, I start counting. Right as I reach three, Cat jumps high and makes a heart shape with her arms while doing air-splits and I managed to get it on camera.

"Thanks, Cat!" I thank her, grinning at the result.

"See you later!" She screams out, followed by another screech.

"She's so cute." I chuckle, shaking my head at Cat jumping away. She keeps waving at people and screaming happily as she turns the corner and disappear.

Hearing the click of a camera, I turn my head to see Beck's camera is pointed at me instead of the robot. "Hey, your assignment is the robot." I remind him, raising an eyebrow.

"Well it's not my fault something else caught my eye." He replies to me with a smirk as he crosses his arms.

"Oh, aren't you charming?" I say flatly, rolling my eyes. "What did you do?"

"Why do you assume I did something?" He scoffs at me.

"Because unlike me, you are not naturally charming."

"Hey!"

"Seriously, what did you do?" I repeat the question, laughing at his offended face.

"Nothing, I swear!" He exclaims, throwing his hands to the air.

"Okay..." I jokingly squint my eyes in suspicion at him, watching as he goes back to taking pictures of the robot.

🎭

"See, this is exactly why you should do it from a long time ago." I tell André, messing around with one of the guitars in the classroom just as everyone else files out.

"Yeah, shut up." He shakes his head at me, checking the piano and the mic.

"Damn, someone's moody." I snicker, raising my hands in defense.

"Sorry." He sighs, "I just need to get this done quick. I only have two days left."

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'd be able to work something out with Jade." I assure him and go back to playing some chords on the guitar, "What happened to Tori, anyway?"

"She's cramming for the tech theater exam."

"She doesn't even take the class?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"No, but she wants to take R&B Vocals next semester. So she needs to pass this." André informs me.

"Well, good luck to her. Tech theater's a bitch." I grumble to myself.

That class is truly a bitch. I mean, I managed to pass with a 94 but still. I'd rather take cheerleading and risk breaking my bones than having to take that class again.

"Why can't you sing for me?" He pleads, sitting down on the chair in front of me.

I raise an eyebrow at him before copying his sigh, "Because we're in the same class. I'm not even supposed to be helping you with this!" I remind him.

"But, Lia...." He whines.

"André....." I imitate, whining back at him.

"Lia...."

"André...."

"Hey, man." Beck's voice stops our weird whining and I see him entering the room, pushing past some other students.

"Oh, hey." "Hey." We turn away from each other and smile at Beck.

"Jade's not here, yet?" He asks us, stopping behind my chair and messing around with the launchpad on the table beside me.