But he had to make the effort now, otherwise this family is as good as utterly broken.

"May I?" Hisoka uncharacteristically asked for permission - musing you out of your thoughts.

You peered over your shoulder and saw Hisoka eye out the spot to lay behind you.

He could tell by the startled look swimming around your eyes that you seemed surprised that he was even there. Solely existing in your life currently.

Maybe Sabastein was right after all,  you were reverting back to your first pregnancy experience.

"Oh. Y-yes you may." You granted permission to lay behind you.

Climbing up the trampoline, Hisoka lifted up the blanket and laid next to you - naturally sliding his hand over to your tummy.

"Ahh, you decided to join us outside daddy." Maleeka happily commented while her eyes were glued to the screen. It seemed that she was highly engrossed with an intense game on the phone. And you were busy watching her and giving commentary.

"Because I can't sleep without your mother next to me." Hisoka decided to break down his walls and allow himself to express affection and sensitivity.

"How are you feeling by the way?" He asked, knowing you wouldn't respond to his first comment out of either shyness, embarrassment or discomfort.

"I'm okay I guess.. Still a bit nauseous and feverish. But only a little now." You timidly replied.

It was soothing, but it was odd to feel such a hand protectively hold your stomach. Yet alone the hand of Hisoka's. Indeed You have truly forgot the two of you were together and were getting married.

You were so wrapped up in your world you forgot there was a wedding that was going to take place in 5 days.

"Did you mange to eat a bit today at least?" He concernedly asked.

As mature as her young self was, Maleeka slyly looked at the two of you from the corner of her eyes. She picked up that things weren't as rosy between ya'll as it used to be. And that spending time together was a thing of the past. No soon-to-be wedding couple should lack communication and affection.

"Ah snap, I died! I'm going to the bathroom quickly, do you need anything from inside mum?" Maleeka faked dying in her game to leave you and Hisoka alone for a few minutes.

"No my dear, I'm good." You replied.

After Maleeka got off the trampoline safely, You answered Hisoka.

"I did but only light stuff." You replied, feeling only a tad bit awkward to be alone with your fiancé for some reason.

'Be kind.'

Internally sighing at Sabastein's words, Hisoka shoved down the obvious and unnecessary tension between the two of you and continued to try and reconnect with his own damn future wife.

"Have you started getting cravings yet?" He asked.

"Un huh. It will probably start soon though. Maybe a few times now, but after 4 months or so I'll start crave a lot. But we will see, I don't know how this lil one will trouble me."

"When you do crave for something let me know. I'll get it for you." Hisoka smoothly stated.

In response, you turned around onto your back and stared up at the Joker.

"No, it's okay.. You don't need too. I'll get it myself." You mumbled.

"Y/n." You heard him somewhat call your name with sternness lacing his undertone. You didn't say anything, only acknowledged him by gazing into those beautiful eyes of his.