Apocalyptic Future Parents

Start from the beginning

"You didn't come to me to ask for her hand," Gerald says.

"Gerald, in the world now, there's no point for that," I said.

"I will say I can quite agree with Gerald here, you both deserved an actual wedding," Andrew speaks.

"We're all set," Ally speaks up.

We all go quiet as Lauren moves to stand next to me as she takes my hand in hers.

Ally spreads the gel across my stomach before beginning to move the ultrasound transducer across it while we all stare at the screen.

I take a glance at Lauren when I feel her grip tighten slightly around my hand.

It takes Ally a couple of minutes before she finally smiles brightly.

"I found them," Ally says.

We all look at the screen as Ally points at a small little blob in the screen.

"See them?" Ally looks at me and Lauren.

"They are so small," Lauren says.

"Everything seems normal so far. For an apocalyptic pregnancy, that's impressive," Ally says.

"You don't think they will develop what I have right?" I ask.

"I won't be able to tell until they are born but it could be possible," Ally says.

"What are you guys talking about?" Andrew asks confused.

I look at Lauren and she locks eyes with me as she grips my hand a little more tighter.

"Camila is immune," Lauren says.

We all turn and stare at Andrew who has his eyes wide and jaw dropped.

"We didn't want to tell you because we didn't know how you will react," I said.

"Plus, we try to keep it on the low. If word got out about Camila who knows how many people will be showing up to try and take her," Lauren adds.

"I can see why you didn't tell me. With her... If they are any more government people out there... They will take her and use her to make a cure," Andrew says.

"Please don't say anything to anyone," I said.

"I won't," Andrew says.

Ally sets down the ultrasound transducer and wipes off the gel from my belly before un-hooking me from the device.

I sit up and lower my shirt to cover my belly as Lauren helps me down from the hospital bed.

"Can y'all inform me more about this thing Camila has?" Andrew asks.

We all share a look before I start to explain to Andrew about every ability I developed when my body made the virus that created this whole outbreak as a part of it.

"Wow... I did not... Expect that," Andrew says.

"It's all true. I will show you but I have no idea how or if it will affect the baby," Camila says.

"Best not to test it," Ally speaks.

"You can't withdraw blood from the baby to take tests on it?" Lauren asks.

"Not until it's eighteen weeks old," Ally says.

"You don't have to prove it to me. It sounded too detailed that I believe you. There's no way in hell you can make this shit up," Andrew says. He walks over to me and Lauren, squeezing both of our arms. "I'm so happy for the both of you. I can't wait to meet your kid," Andrew says.

"Well, you will technically be the grandfather," Lauren says.

Andrew smiles brightly as he takes a deep breath. "I always wanted to be called that," He says.

Lauren moves and hugs Andrew as he hugs her back.

"I love you... Father," Lauren says.

Andrew hugs Lauren tighter, closer to him. "I love you, daughter," He says. Andrew smiles at me over Lauren's shoulder as he pulls away. "Now, I have things to attend to. I'll catch you guys at dinner," Andrew says. He says goodbye to all of us before leaving the infirmary.

"Now I will attend to Camila throughout her entire pregnancy if I can't help you Niall will," Ally says.

"Thank you, Ally," Lauren says.

"Your welcome. Take care," Ally says.

Gerald, Lauren, and I leave the infirmary as we walk back to our group house.

"Camila, I was talking to Andrew and he agreed that we can have our own house. Just me and you," Lauren speaks.

"Really?" I stop walking and move to be in front of her.

"Yeah. We need our own space," Lauren says.

Gerald clears his throat and I give him a death stare making him smile apologetically.

"I'll leave you two alone," Gerald says. He hugs us both before leaving.

Lauren turns to me and smiles. "It will take him a while to adjust, right?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Quite a while," I giggle.

"Come on let's go and get our stuff packed. Andrew will give us our house after dinner," Lauren says.

"I can't wait to have a house all to ourselves again," I said.

"It's going to be amazing," Lauren smiles.

I return her smile as I wrap my arms around her shoulders and connect our lips in a tender kiss.