Chapter 1: Adding Insult To Injury

I wake up to the vibrations of my phone letting me know that Ariana decided to call bright and early this morning leading me to grumble in irritation and send the call to voicemail.
Ariana Grande, my older sister, is coming home from her Honeymoon tour and if you couldn't tell, I'm not exactly jumping for joy. Ever since I can remember, she was a big part of my life, always cheering me on, helping me find new clothes, giving me advice and just being my sister. A core memory for us was always that Ariana would come into my room every night and read chapters of Harry Potter bringing the story to life making me wish I could be a wizard too! The Honeymoon tour started and it was like she vanished from my life. I'm not complaining though, I have a near perfect life. I'm Luna Grande- Butera, the youngest of the bunch with Frankie as my older brother and Ariana as my older sister. I prefer to go by Butera instead of Grande as it's one of the only things that sets me apart from my siblings. I can't sing or dance to save my life but luckily my talent ending up being in the sports department and I fell in love with playing soccer as a goalie and I've stuck with it ever since. I have tons of friends at school and never have to worry about getting left out of anything. I even worked incredibly hard to have the best grades at school too so life is perfect! Except for Ariana. Family is chosen and I chose to replace her with friends and other family since she left me behind all alone.

I rolled out of bed forcing myself to shower and as I backed into the heated water I let all my thoughts consume me. A smirk slowly made its way across my face when I realized I was thinking about Ariana letting her live rent free in my head. I groaned in frustration trying to handle the flurry of overflowing emotions reminding myself that I chose to cut her from my life. After some brooding and pouting I got out of the shower and left my hair to its natural curlyness. It was still a caramel brown from the summer Florida sun and had some fading streaks of color from when your friends and you kool-aid dyed your hair. I got out and put on some jean shorts and a shirt that said ' on Wednesday's we wear pink'. The shirt wasn't pink, but whatever. (omg who let me write this cringey wattpad-esque outfit description?! Blonde hair in a messy bun and blue orbs ahhh sentence.)  I shoved on some black vans and hopped down the stairs seeing my mom was sitting in the kitchen reading something and busy typing away on her laptop.

" Ariana said she called you this morning." She started not looking up from what she was doing as I made my way through our kitchen.

" I know."

" She said you didn't answer."

" That sounds right."

" Whats up between you two? You guys were so close!" She put the pages down in a huff pulling off her reading glasses to face me as I just peacefully tried to pour a glass of orange juice.

" Mom, can we not start this? She doesn't want me in her life so now she can't be in mine." I grumpily stomped around to the pantry and aggressively pulling out a breakfast bar to bring with me to school.

" I know you guys aren't on best terms, but you have to talk to her. She's coming back in like 12 hours."

" Fine." I fished my phone out of my back pocket to ignore the awkward situation and walked upstairs and got my supernatural backpack and made sure I had everything in it before my mother gave me a quick hug and a good day wish. I took a deep breathe and pressed Ariana's contact on my walk to my friends house.

" Hello, Luna!?" A frantic voice came from the other end at the same time I mentioned it was me calling her.

" It's Luna." I facepalmed my forehead knowing my own sister would still be able to tell if it was me calling.

" Hey I wanted to talk to you real quick about something, do you have a minute?" A large sigh was your only encouragement for her to continue her questions.