Laser Tag - fluff

Start from the beginning

The guide then takes the group into a rather narrow corridor, gear and guns on one wall, and they quickly divide themselves into two groups, preparing for war, Papyrus, Alphys, Undyne, Kenji and Lenix on one team, Mettaton, Zodiac, Kimari, Sparrow and Xero on the other.

Mettaton can't help but smile - the moment the game starts, the play zone will become utter chaos.

It's gonna be awesome.

The teams are let out into the area, quickly making their ways to their stations, where they'll have a few minutes to strategise if they wish to, or to simply chat if they want to just rush in, guns blazing with little to no regard for their health or stock, as most teens do.

The buzzer goes off within five minutes, and the play zone erupts into mania. Alphys, Kimari and Lenix scream battle cries as they race through the maze-like walls of the arena, the rules already nothing more than a hazy memory.

——————————————————————————

Crap, crap, crap-

Mettaton moves as fast as he can without it being classed as running, still nearly tripping a couple times in the low light, trying to avoid getting hit again. He quickly reaches his team's base, pressing his gun against the reload wall, taking his chances and popping his head out to check for enemies, ignoring his low health - one more hit and he's out for two minutes. Oddly enough, he hasn't seen Papyrus since the beginning, and he has no idea where he could be. Thankfully, he can't see anyone near the station.

He sighs in relief as he leans against the back wall, his vest emitting small beeps to tell him he's vulnerable. He takes a moment to catch his breath before footsteps reach his ears beneath the loud music, alien speech, zapping noises and muffled words of the other players. His head snaps up just in time to spot none other than his boyfriend, arms raised in the universal gesture of harmlessness.

Discarding the rules for a second, Mettaton mimics putting his gun down on the floor in response, a small smile on his face as Papyrus drops his arms back down to his sides, approaching slightly quicker.

"You okay?" Mettaton nods, returning the question to get a similar answer. Papyrus' eyes spark in the dim light, though it quickly vanishes as he opens his arms, Mettaton taking the invitation and welcoming the hug, back still pressed against the wall behind him. Papyrus' breath washes over his neck, bringing an odd relief. The taller boy soon pulls back, his finger hooking on Mettaton's chin, lifting his head upwards. Before he can react, there's a gentle pair of lips against his own, and his eyes snap wide open before he all but melts into the kiss, head tilting to the side slightly. Time blurs together in the darkness of the arena, tucked away in a back corner, hidden behind walls and props, locked against each other.

Papyrus is the first to pull away, cherishing the barely visible blush on his boyfriend's cheeks, pressing a single quick kiss to the tip of his nose, hearing a faint, breathy laugh in response.

Mettaton lets himself smile, feeling his cheeks burn, thankfully well-hidden, slowly pulling his arms back from around Papyrus' waist.

A zap echoes through the air, and a small vibration tears through Mettaton's body as Papyrus laughs, practically dashing away from the corner as though he were fleeing from a crime scene. Mettaton's vest gives off two much louder beeps than before, then going completely silent, a timer counting down on his gun. His mouth falls open as he realises what just happened, frowning and crossing his arms across his chest as he falls to the floor, sitting with his knees against his chest.

Papyrus shot him, the absolute bastard.

——————————————————————————

A loud buzzer interrupts the music and general noise in the play zone, the guns and vests powering down as the lights slowly brighten again - the game is over.

Mettaton sighs as he makes his way out of the arena, mingling with the rest of the group, most of whom playfully shove each other and chat. Papyrus smirks as he meets Mettaton's eyes, throwing a quick wink in his direction, watching his faint blush return once more, much to the shorter boy's despair.

"What the fuck?!"

"Told you we'd win!"

Lenix glares furiously at Kimari, who grins widely in front of the point tallies. Zodiac laughs while her brother rolls his eyes. Sparrow and Xero high five each other, bright smiles on their faces, while Alphys and Undyne chat between themselves. Papyrus claps Mettaton gently on the shoulder, leaning down to whisper in his ear.

"Well done, baby."

The pet name leaves Mettaton stunned, his stubborn blush only deepening, while Papyrus laughs and shakes his head at Kimari and Lenix's antics before gesturing towards the exit.

"Who's up to get lunch?" Chatter envelops the group once more as they make their way out, Papyrus taking Mettaton's hand in his own.

Yeah yeah, I know I said I probably wouldn't be posting any more chapters for a while because of my exams, but I only have biology tomorrow which is one of the few subjects I actually feel kinda confident about, so...

Also I can't sleep :)

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this, and I'd like to say I'm opening requests, I just can't promise release dates for anything, especially during my mocks. I will try get some chapters out though, and requested chapters will take priority, although they might not be first come, first serve. So yeah, if you have any requests, comment them or dm them to me, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for reading, see y'all hopefully over the weekend as long as I can write the next chapter in a way I like before then.