Chapter 141 - Chapter 150

Start from the beginning

Walking out of the orphanage, that bunch of children kept saying goodbyes to Li Jingjing, several little girls were even tearing up. It was a scene that makes one want to show tender affection.

While waving her hand at the children, Li Jingjing forcefully held back her tears and smiled.

When they returned to the car, Li Jingjing immediately took out a tissue to wipe her eyes, she sobbed for a moment, and said, "Every time I bid farewell to the children, I feel like crying. They're still so young, and no longer have a father or mother...... Big Brother Yang, it must've been rough for you during your childhood."

Yang Chen smiled at her, "It's no big deal once I'm used to it. Sometimes, many things can help me forget about the matter of my parents."

When you're treading on the line between life and death everyday, you won't have time to even think about parents and relatives...... Yang Chen thought inside.

Li jingjing said in a sad manner, "I just hope that by telling these children stories and giving them presents, they would be a little happier. Although I was very poor during my childhood, I had Dad and Mom with me, and that made me feel like the happiest child in the world. They definitely envy other children who have parents, it's a pity that they can't have what they wish for."

Yang Chen saw the grieved expression on the girl's face, so he thought for a moment before asking, "Today, our Teacher Li has given so many presents to the children. Well then, what does Teacher Li herself want?"

Li Jingjing pouted, "Big Brother Yang, please stop joking, I'm no longer a child."

"Children aren't the only ones who have the rights to desire presents, you worked hard all day today. For your effort, I, your Big Brother Yang has decided to reward you." Yang Chen earnestly said.

Chapter 141-2: I want

It was already sunset, the radiance of the setting sun spilled into the car, dyeing its internals with a beautiful dull gold color. It was so quiet inside the car that they could hear the sounds of each other's breathing.

Li Jingjing's eyes seemed a little bewitched, she seemed to have thought for a long while and her face blushed as she said, "I want... love, Big Brother Yang, can you give me that?"

Saying that, Li Jingjing lowered her head. She didn't dare to look Yang Chen in the eyes.

Yang Chen's smile which was on his face a moment ago had vanished, he became taciturn. Li Jingjing's sudden words were like a hammer smashing on his heart.

"I don't need much, I don't need a house, a car, money, reputation or status...... I just want some love, I just want Big Brother Yang to pay attention to just me alone, and love me alone...... However, the only thing I want may also be the thing I have no way of getting, I guess......"

That's right, perhaps I could give her anything, but unfortunately, what she wants is something I have no way of giving.

Yang Chen sighed, "I'm sorry, I never thought this would happen. However, you're an outstanding lady, and you're still young. I believe that you'll have a happy ending. At that point of time, I may attend your wedding as your elder brother." Saying those words, Yang Chen felt a bad taste in his mouth.

Li Jingjing raised her head, her eyes were red, but she still maintained a smile, "Big Brother Yang, don't say such things, otherwise, you'll be like my mother who urges me to find a husband everyday, vexing me to death."