Roronoa Zoro #1 (One Piece)

This seems like a nice town to stop by for a while. (Name) thought as she strolled down the streets with a paper bag full of groceries in her arms. " I wonder whathe'd like for lunch." (Name) grinned sheepishly. Just thinking about him made her heartbeat speed up. Maybe I should have bought some ale to go with the sea king meat. (Name) pondered on about the lunch menu as she turned into a back alley.

Suddenly, her mouth was covered with a familiar-smelling wet cloth and pulled backwards into a strong grip.Chloroform! (Name) dropped the grocery bag onto the stone ground and started struggling, clawing away at the hairy arms of the assailant. However, her strength slowly faded away as she continuously inhaled more of the anesthetic.

---

Zoro looked at the clock ticking away. It was already almost time for dinner, and yet, (Name) had not returned. He was starting to get worried. (Name) was usually the early bird, always on time for everything, and yet, she hasn't even come back from grocery shopping. Zoro started rocking the chair, putting his legs on the table top. The other people in the inn's lounge took a look at him and started backing away. The infamous 'Pirate Hunter' Roronoa Zoro wasn't exactly wearing the most pleasant expression on his face. You could even say that he almost gave off a murderous aura. Something might have happened to her...

" Is Roronoa Zoro here?" The front door of the inn suddenly burst open, and in came a group of marines. All the customers started backing into a corner, leaving Zoro all by himself, thinking about (Name). 

The leader of the group's gaze fell on Zoro. Short green hair, white shirt, dark green pants and a green belly-warmer. Without a doubt, he walked pompously towards Zoro, fiddling with his collar. 

" Oi! Roronoa Zoro!" The leader shouted, banging his hand onto the table and breaking Zoro's train of thoughts. Zoro studied the man. Skinny, lanky, with his blonde hair shaped  like an oval on top of his head, he was clad in a violet uniform. 'Wimp' was the conclusion that Zoro came to. He was about to ignore him when the blonde fished out a photo from his pocket. " I'm sure you know her."

Shooting a glance at the photo, Zoro's expression hardened. Grabbing the blonde by the collar, he growled. "What did you do!?" His voice echoed around the room as the other marine soldiers immediately pointed their rifles at him. "Let go of Lord Helmeppo or you'll never see the girl again!"

Zoro glared at the soldiers, throwing the blonde onto the ground. Dusting his clothes, the leader snickered. " Why don't we make a deal? I'll let her go if you'll agree to my terms and conditions. You just have to be tied up for a month in our training grounds! Good deal isn't it?"

Zoro shot him another murderous glare, before following them to the training grounds.

---

(Name) slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room. It appeared to be someone's room. The kidnapper's? She tried breaking her hands free of the ropes, but to no avail. What was the kidnapper's motive? (Name) wandered. She didn't have anything to offer. Giving up on escaping, (Name) recalled the times when she was almost kidnapped. She used to be the heiress of the richest family in (Name of Island), so she was often targeted. She remembered how Zoro would come to her rescue whenever she was about to be taken away. Her parents found Zoro half-dead at their private beach, and decided to take him in and treat his wounds. Zoro became like a freeloader in the household and (Name) felt as if she gained a new playmate. But one unfortunate day, the mansion was attacked and burnt to the ground. Everybody in the mansion was massacred, and only (Name) and Zoro survived. Figuring that more people might come after her, Zoro decided to take (Name) out to sea, and they had been together ever since.

(Name) sighed. I haven't even told him how I felt yet. I wonder if I'll ever see him again...No! I shouldn't be thinking like this! Regaining her fighting spirit, (Name) continued searching for a mean of escape. She pushed herself up and walked towards the window. If it was the ground floor she might just be able to climb out. Then she saw him. Zoro was tied to a wooden cross and left standing under the blazing hot sun. (Name)'s eyes widened in horror. Noticing that she was on the ground floor, (Name) pushed a chair to the window and climbed out, falling with a thud onto the burning dirt. Picking herself up, she half-stumbled, half-ran to where Zoro was.

Hearing the noise, Zoro looked in that direction and saw (Name) coming towards him. He bit his lips in anger. That bastard Helmeppo! However, his anger was overwhelmed by fear when a line of soldiers crept up behind (Name). "(Name)!" He screamed her name with all his might, but it was too late. (Name) was pulled backwards and Helmeppo put a gun to her head. Zoro snarled at him, fighting to break free from the ropes. His worst fear was about to come true. (Name) could disappear from his side...

Just as Helmeppo was about to speak, a hand suddenly stretched across the training grounds and punched him in the face. Falling backwards from the impact, Helmeppo released his grip on (Name) and the unknown hand grabbed her, pulling her towards the wall surrounding the training grounds, where a boy in a straw hat was. At the same time, another pink-haired boy had snuck into the training grounds and released Zoro from the wooden cross, giving him his three beloved swords. 

Thanking the boy, Zoro approached Helmeppo and gang menacingly, biting onto the handle of one of his swords. " Let me tell you one thing buddy," Zoro took a stand. 

"Don't lay a hand on my woman"

---

After finishing up the last of Helmeppo's pathetic troops, Zoro sheathed his swords, only to see (Name) and the two boys standing not too far off. Stepping towards (Name), Zoro reached out towards her and hugged her tightly. " Don't ever leave my side again." (Name) could sense the tinge of relief in Zoro's voice, and replied jokingly. " Then how am I supposed to ---"

(Name)'s sentence was cut off, as Zoro's lips met hers and she stared into space disbelievingly. A wave of happiness crashed into her and she put her arms around Zoro's neck, continuing their prolonged kiss. 

"Ahem" Zoro and (Name) were forcibly dragged out of their world by a soft cough from the pink-haired boy. 

" Wanna join my pirate crew?" The straw hat boy asked enthusiastically.

Zoro thought for a while before accepting. He owed him for saving (Name) after all. Then he pointed at (Name) and added.

"But only if she comes along."