MOON AND SUN

M O O N  A N D  S U N"meant to be, but always out of reach

"meant to be, but always out of reach."

"what are you doing?" you ask, as you feel a hand reach for mine.

  "don't move your hand," drew says, when you try to jerk my hand away.

  drew just smirks as he connects the black ink to you hand; it feels cool and ticklish against your skin. the ink spread across the skin on your hand smoothly, as drew held your hand with his free hand to hold it in place.

  you smile at his concentration; the way his tongue licks along his lips and his eyes are focused. you watch him draw peacefully, a smile spreading to your face.

  his movements never failed to give you butterflies. every touch, every smile, every glance—it all made you breathless. of course, you both told everyone it meant nothing. that your relationship with drew was simply platonic, but you both knew there was something more.

  "here." drew smiled, releasing your hand. on your hand was drawn a crescent moon.

  "why did you draw a moon on my hand?" you asked, laughing softly as you examined his artwork. drew plainly shrugged.

  "i was bored," he replied, with a smirk pasted across his face. you shook your head, smiling to yourself, but soon you noticed a small drawing on his hand.

  something representing a flower? you couldn't tell; you grabbed his hand and closely looked at the ink on his skin. a sun.

  "a moon and a sun." he smiled, and you met his eyes with yours. your faces were close enough to feel each other's breath, close enough to kiss. for a moment, you thought this was it. you would kiss him. that this would finally be it. the moon and sun, finally meeting in the end, as they were always meant to. your breath hitched ever so slightly, and drew glanced down to your lips.

  you bet his lips tasted like pure bliss. you bet he would kiss you like there's no tomorrow, like he was nothing without you. his love would be overflowing and pouring out onto you.

  but alas, you'd never know.

  you'd never know how he kisses, and you'll never hear how much he loves me.

and that thought saddened you. it made you feel defeated, more than you liked to admit. you had wanted drew for so long now, but you were only just realizing it just wasn't something that would happen. you and drew could never be, no matter how much you wish you could.

  you hoped someone loves him just as much as you do, for he is everyone's sun.

  the moon and sun, meant to be, but always out of reach.