Request; Cato and Clove Win

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna finish this. No Thresh around to save you now."

Meanwhile, Cato has Peeta in a headlock.

I turn back towards Katniss whose thrashing.

"Woah, hold on. You aren't going anywhere. Now, where did we leave off?" I carve a small twelve into her cheek. Blood spurts out from the thin lines.

I hear a snap and a crash and I know Peeta's dead. Katniss screams and stares at me blankly, her voice quiet.

"Kill me. I want to be with Peeta." I look at her shocked. "How?"

She replies by tapping the Cornucopia. I immediately understand.

I close my eyes, and bring her head down on the Cornucopia. Her eyes roll back into her head. I get off her, and pick her up. I arrange her next to Peeta, holding hands.

Cato and I were never the star-crossed lovers. They were. They truly were.

The sky brightens, and the mutts run away, realizing they aren't getting any food. The thought makes me nauseous.

"We won." Cato breaths out. "We did."

Getting cleaned up by my prep team, I couldn't wait to get Caesar's interview over with and then we meet with President Snow, where our crowning is broadcasted live across Panem.

Liys covered my eyes in an onyx black eyeshadow. It was powdery, and some fell on my nose. It kind of tickled. After, she applied my lipstick, which was bright red.

"Where can I get this stuff?" I asked, and Juliosous chuckled. "Everywhere."

I sighed and sat back in my chair, waiting for Lica to bring out my outfit.

There was an awkward silence.

"Congratulations on winning Clove." Tolona said.

"We forgot to thank you." Liys said, and my eyebrows went up, confused.

"Every year, only one stylist from the prep team can either move groups or retire. But with a winner, the whole prep team can either move or retire."

"Tolona and Juliosous are retiring, but you my friend, are stuck with me!" Liys exclaimed, smiling.

"Oh yeah." I said. I completely forgot I would be a mentor.

Just then, Lica came in. "Here's your dress, darling."

She was holding a strapless ombré grey dress. Next to her, Juliosous was holding silver 4 inch heels.

"It's gorgeous." I said, breathless. I took the fabric in my hands and let my finger run through it.

I put it on with the help of Lica, and she did little touch-ups, like putting my hair behind my ears or fixing a wrinkle in my dress.

"Perfect." She muttered, and then escorted me to the stage.

I realized I haven't seen Cato since the Games. Butterflies filled my stomach.

"Clove and Cato to stage, Clove and Cato."

"That's your call," Lica nudged me.

"Clove Kovien and Cato Filek!" Caesar calls out, and I walk out, fake smiling.

I sit down and expect to see Cato beside me, but he's not.

"Cato Filek!" Caesar barks and Cato stumbles out onto stage, like he's been pushed.

I stifle a laugh and I patted the seat beside me. Cato nicely sat down and grinned at me.

"Welcome, new winners." Caesar grinned.

He reminded me of that character, from that really old book that the teachers made us read. "Cheshire Cat!" I exclaimed, and quickly put my hand over my mouth and blushed.

Caesar laughed his outrageous laugh.

"So, what was your first thoughts when you won?" He asked, and Cato's eyebrows crunched together.

"My first thought? That I won. Me, Cato Filek won." He said, and I turned around to give him a glare. "That we won." I corrected.

"Now, Clove, you showed some compassion, uh, for the other tributes. Why?"

I swallowed. "Well? I put myself in their shoes. What their life is like. Who their family is. And if I didn't think like that? I'd probably hate myself. Their family is probably crushed that they're gone. My family would be too. That's why." I stopped, and Caesar looked at me with wide eyes.

He fiddled with his collar and asked the next question. "In the arena, you two seemed to have a connection. More than friends, I presume."

I blushed a deep red, like a beet. Cato laughed. "I certainly hope so." And the audience laughed with him.

"Well, that'll be all we have time for. See you soon!" We waved to the audience, hugged Caesar, and walked off stage, hand in hand.

"Amazing job, you two." I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Rowena.

"Thank you," Cato and I said at the same time.

"Now, we have to get to the crowning ceremony, so I suggest you go hurry up!" She exclaimed, turning back into her normal self.

We rushed over to get to the coronation, I guess, would be the proper word for it.

"Go, go!" Brutus and Snobaria shooed us up the stairs. Cato and I ran up the stairs hand in hand.

We took our seat behind President Snow, and Cato was so excited, he was hyperventilating. I gave his hand a tight squeeze then put my hands in my lap.

"Welcome, welcome." President Snow began his speech. "Today, is a day that will be part of our history. Two tributes have won!" The crowd went wild.

President Snow, the odd, vigilant, scary man, walked over to crown us.

He had in his hand a crown. Just one. He twisted it, and it became two.

Cato and I stood up, shakily, as if not ready to except this title.

"Cato Filek, and Clove Kovien, congratulations."

xxxx

There's what I thought what would happen if they won. No rule change. They did it.

If you have any other requests, please let me know!

I just want to thank all of you who have been with this story. This story has hit 7000+ reads and I couldn't be happier. It means everything to me. So, thank you so much. I love you guys.

Ava.