A Place to Call Our Own.

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" I can barely say through my tears.I dont know where they came from. I thought i was all teared out. He is still holding me, my legs around his waist and my hands around his neck.

"I don't even know... I was on the plane, i was going to text Liam and I thought i left my phone in the toilets so i got off and didn't make it back in time to get on that plane. I heard it went down...."

"Why didn't you call!!? We thought you...." I couldn't even bring myself to say the words.

"I hate myself for saying this but i don't know your numbers by heart. Your all on speed dial so i never needed to know them. I would of called but i caught the next flight out. I didn't even know my original flight had crashed until i got home. Niall looked like he had seen a ghost."

"I was going crazy just thinking about waking up without you by my side."

"Louis-" I don't let him finish.

"Why did you leave me?" I let go of his neck and set myself up right on the floor. "What was so important you had to leave DAYS before our wedding?" I violently jabbed his shoulder with each word. he took my wrist and said he would explain it all in a moment.

"This was..." he walks over to the door, digging in his jacket which is hanging by the door.

Walking back over to me, my eyes look him up and down. I never noticed how long and lean his legs were. Hes got better legs than my mum. I wont be taking that for granted again. he doesnt have a bum like mine. sure it looks flat in jeans, but once hes naked, its quite nice. his curls bounce with every step. once in front of me I take a deep breath.

"why didnt you wake me up the minute you got home?" I say quickly, letting out that deep breath just i took. he smiles, but its not like the other times. I can tell hes putting on a brave face for me. "honestly, you looked exhausted. how late were you up? dont lie to me Louis."

"all day pretty much.. once liam had said you were on that flight.. I just ran up here. the tears didnt come till I tryed to call you. I did about fifty times..."

"lou..." I tell him in not finished and then I continue.

"its a lot to take in you know..we were going to get married, we have a band for christ sake.. to have all of that just go poof.. in a matter of seconds. I didnt know how If I wanted to even wake up the next morning. I guess I had already put it in my mind you were gone.. I should of waited. could of saved my self the heartbreak. your never getting on a plane again okay! were traveling by car from now on."

"a car in the ocean.. I doubt our car would um keep afloat. he hands me a pack of paper. "Read."

I skim the paper, "What is.."

"Its our house. I went back to Las Vegas to sign the paperwork. It was supposed to wait until our wedding day but my death moved it up a bit." he chuckles.

"I um.. couldnt leave it behind.. it was the first place we you know...." he smiles at me.

"I don't even know what to say.. Its the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me."

"Say youll live with me?" he digs into his pocket and takes put something jingling. keys.

"you think im letting you out of my sight after this?" I grab the keys.

Taking the deed out of my hand. He sets it on the dresser. "This is a place to call our own. Being in a band, we never really have a home, and i know you've always wanted to live in America... so why not in a house were already familiar with? Also.. since its four bedrooms.. that's enough rooms for the lads to visit and sleep in or enough for three kids. If you ever want that."

"Kids? Harry.. we cant...its physically impossible." I wasn't ready for this talk. I thought we would talk about this years and years from now. At least until the band is ready to stop singing.

"Do you think i didn't think about that? I'm only bringing it up because this event .. gave me a second chance. I'm not going to let it slip by. I'm not going to take anything for granted. I don't see why we cant talk about having kids? Were getting married."

"I wish we could have babies the regular way, but there is no way."

"Your wrong. There is a way. There's a new thing doctors are doing, They take our DNA and make the egg needed for woman to have the kids, then they would put our sperm together somehow and have a women carry the baby. It would be our baby... Don't you want that?"

"Of course i want that, could we save this convo for another time? I think were getting in over our heads." My man has gone crazy.

"How about that song you wrote for me...will you sing it for me?" he takes me hand and leads me to the bed. we lie down, this time harry in my arms.

"people say we shouldnt be together ---"

I sing my fiancee to sleep. Even after hes long asleep, I stay up just staring at him. God let him off that plane for a reason. I wasnt wasting any more precious time. you never know which moment is going to be your last.