|51| The Raven of the Night

Start from the beginning

He was absolutely right with not letting Jungkook accompany him this time.

It was hard to pry himself away from the raventte's arms- and quite honestly, the disheartened expression that the Devil had feigned, truly did seem convincing.

But Taehyung wasn't stupid enough to fall for that- besides, there were far more important matters to attend to, now that someone had decided to willingly run away from the hospital, just like he once did.

There were few missed calls on his phone, a repeating unknown number and well- another that eventually sobered Taehyung up when he received it, only to hear a monotonous voice calmly explain him that the patient, Jung Hoseok had regained his conscious and abruptly pulled up to a fight to run away from the hospital, claiming that it was an emergency.

Taehyung was speechless.

At first, he was in extreme joy that his friend had managed to awake but as the employee continued to speak, Taehyung's smile gradually diminished.

He was worried and tensed, not knowing how to pinpoint the said "emergency".

The Reaper was caught although there was a lot of gray area around it- the matter was now no longer on their hands.

So that can't be an emergency...

Then what else-

Taehyung couldn't think of anything.

And just as he was contemplating, his phone buzzed, and a bland notification popped up from the unknown number that had attempted to call him several times before in the expanse of three hours.

A tagged location and a simple text.

Meet me here.
-H

It was now obvious on who the sender was and Taehyung only managed to explain in bits as he frantically re-dressed himself, mentioning his escapee friend's name here and there- watching Jungkook's face gradually turn sour.

The dark glimmer in Jungkook's eyes only flashed for a split second, seemingly upset, mad even- and it was only by sheer luck, did Taehyung manage to catch it. But then again, it was unnervingly weird to reside in the thought so Taehyung naturally dismissed it as his own illusion.

Despite having quickly reverted back to his tactics of taunting and grumbling about how it was unfair to leave him like that, Jungkook eventually let him go.

He bid him goodnight, telling him to drive safely and that he'd be seeing him soon with a flash of bright smile before the elevator doors slid shut.

And now here was Taehyung, standing in an abandoned parking lot with his fingers tightly curled into fists. The night was cold, with a crescent moon hung up on the sky that was slowly being muffled up by the ashened clouds, mixing with the darker hues and whisking away the little source of light.

Taehyung ran his gaze around. There seemed to be no one other than him, yet he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being carefully watched. Leaves rustled past the concrete, the wind, faintly howling.

Gritting his teeth, he steeled his soul and stepped forward towards the building. The dainty street lamp flickered in a daze and everytime his vision slightly darkened, Taehyung swore he could spot the silhouette of a figure somewhere behind him when he glanced back.

Heart hammering in chest, Taehyung broke into a free run and climbed up the marble stairs in a state of hurry, throwing a glance at the donation box beneath the sculpture of the Virgin Mother Mary beside the closed doors.