|| 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲? ||

Luna kept a keen eye on the courtroom doors, awaiting her sister's return. The documents on the data drive that condemned Marcus and Section Thirty-One were horrific and bound to be a shock to anyone who had not been warned of their contents. Over the past two weeks, Luna contemplated telling Samsa about what Marcus had planned for her, but the brunette never found the heart to do so.

A good twenty minutes passed before Samsa finally reappeared with Uhura not far behind. Cassian was being bombarded with countless questions as the two women settled in their seats.

Nearly all the planned witnesses had said their pieces and been questioned. Despite Samuel's confident posture, Luna had a horrid feeling that the favour was leaning more towards Shaw's side of the case.

"Even though it was never Miss Gillian's intention to harm Officer Harewood's family, it was her carelessness and lack of judgement that ultimately lead to the death of Thomas Harewood. And, consequently, the devastation that followed the Archive bombing."

Shaw paused and turned to look at the rest of the auditorium. "I cannot deny the tragic events that put Miss Gillian on this path. None of us can. It prompts the question, can we blame her? Can we blame her for acting so recklessly when so much was at risk? But when we look at how many lives her choices have affected, it would be safer for everyone if her punishment was more severe."

When Shaw finished her piece, there was a general murmur of agreement throughout the courtroom. Luna wasn't surprised. She could foresee the outcome of this trial and started preparing herself for the worst.

"Thank you, Miss Shaw," the Judge said. "Officer Harewood, you may return to your seat."

Cassian retreated from the witness stand with a frustrated expression. He looked over at Luna and shook his head apologetically, but it wasn't his fault at all. Shaw managed to twist his words to support her side of the case. Luna had to admit, she was good at her job.

"Mister Cogley," the Judge called. "Are there any other witnesses you wish to bring forward?"

Luna glanced at the lawyer, expecting him to look panicked and defeated, but Samuel was smiling rather brightly.

"Just one, Your Honour," he said. "I would like to call Ambassador Spock to the stand."

A chorus of whispers and utterances filled the room. Luna frowned, having absolutely no idea who Samuel was referring to. Spock was supposed to be exempt from being a witness as he was part of the committee overseeing the case. Plus, as far as the brunette was aware, 'Ambassador' was not his correct title.

However, someone rose from a seat at the back of the auditorium and began walking towards the stand. He looked to be an older man with greying hair, dressed in a long chocolate brown robe. Only when he reached the witness stand, did Luna realise who he was.

Samsa had told her all about the events of last year: how a grief-stricken Romulan came through a black hole and raged an attack on Starfleet, consequently creating an alternate reality. The Spock standing at the witness stand was from the future.

His younger self was looking on with a raised eyebrow, clearly unaware that this version would be making an appearance.

"Ambassador, first of all, I would like to convey my gratitude for agreeing to give a statement today," Samuel said, smiling at the Vulcan.

Ambassador Spock bowed his head, before catching Luna's eyes. She nearly flinched with the contact. Not because it was threatening, but because it felt so...warm. She never imagined a Vulcan could have such a comforting gaze. Especially one she had technically never spoken to before.