|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 ||

It was fair to say it took a long time for Jim to make a decision. Both Spock and Bones could be heard in the background, attempting to deter him from letting Luna come to the bridge. Samsa didn't blame them.

In the space of a mere few hours, she had managed to beam aboard the Enterprise undetected and harm multiple Starfleet officers upon doing so. It was no wonder she was classed as a dangerous individual.

Luna didn't seem best pleased with the suggestion to leave the brig, rolling her eyes and making sarcastic faces as her fate was discussed.

Eventually, a consensus was reached.

"Bring her up, but I want her cuffed. I'll send a security team to escort you now."

The communication ended and Samsa felt a weight rise from her shoulders. "I know it's hard to trust them, but they can help, Lu. I promise," she reassured.

The brunette didn't look convinced.

Sure enough, a group of four security officers flooded into the brig. Luna's frame tensed when they placed a pair of thin, metallic cuffs around her wrists. Her eyes burned into each officer with a stone-cold dislike.

Samsa maintained a firm yet soft hand on her arm as they began the journey to the bridge. She wanted to make something clear when they entered the elevator: "Just, don't make any comments like you usually do."

"I don't have the faintest idea what you mean," Luna shrugged, her response smothered in sarcasm.

Samsa rolled her eyes and smiled, but before she got a chance to respond, they arrived on the bridge. This was going to be a very interesting conversation. They stepped out just as Jim rose from the Captain's chair. Bones and Spock weren't far away. Neither of them looked happy. There was a tense silence until someone chose to break it.

"Yay! Take your sibling to work day!" Luna grinned and did her best 'jazz hands' despite the restraints.

"What did I literally just say?" Samsa span to face her with a stern expression.

"Miss Gillian, I assure you, now is a highly inappropriate time for humour," Spock remarked, glaring at the brunette with his usual raised eyebrow.

"Wow, you have some really cheery co-workers, Sams," she quipped.

"Luna, just...tell them what you told me." Samsa moved to her sister's side and placed a comforting hand on her arm. "They can help you. We can help you."

Luna glanced down at her. She seemed extremely reluctant to talk but nodded all the same.

Various Starfleet officers were busying themselves around them, but they were clearly listening in as they did so.

"I know why Jared was on Traigon and I know why he wants Samsa. I actually know quite a lot come to think of it."

"How come?" Bones scoffed. "Are you his ex-sidekick or something?"

"No. I was imprisoned by his family's messed up organisation for ninety years," Luna snapped back. She narrowed her eyes at the doctor, who sent a forced apologetic smile in her direction.

Jim took a few steps forward with a frown. "What organisation?" He asked.

Again, his question was preceded by more hesitation. Luna managed to repeat most of what she said back in the brig, give or take a few details.

As she spoke, Samsa felt a flare of warmth travel up her spine and spread over her skin. She shook it off and tried to focus on her sister's words.

By the end of her explanation, the three men were wearing grave faces.