|| 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬 ||

Luna was in a state of shock. After finally gathering the courage to run away with the man she loved...he turned her down. She was trying to work out where it all went wrong, but it was too painful.

Khan could be heard talking in the background, but his speech was blurred in her ears. Luna focussed on trying to move instead. The nerves in her spine were slowly knitting themselves back together and she had already gained back the luxury of wiggling her toes but even that was a struggle.

More tears of betrayal and frustration burned the back of her throat. Luna resorted to gripping her forearm for comfort, feeling the rough letters of Jenwyn's name through the sleeve of her jumpsuit. It was all too much.

Sudden movement drew Luna's attention to the side as Khan came to stand at the console. "I see all seventy-two torpedoes are still in their tubes. If they are not mine, Commander, I will know it."

"Vulcans do not lie," Spock's voice said over the comm. "The torpedoes are yours."

Luna grunted, trying to prop herself up but her body was still mending itself. She watched Khan's shoulders relax as the screen showed the torpedoes materialising in the lower cargo hangar.

"Thank you, Mister Spock," he breathed.

After all those months in the IO Facility, he finally had what he wanted.

"I have fulfilled your terms. Now, fulfil mine."

Khan turned and settled into the Captain's chair. He glanced at Luna briefly but didn't spare his gaze long. "Well, Kirk, it seems apt to return you to your crew..."

Luna panicked upon seeing golden rings of light encase her body. Why was he sending her to the Enterprise too? A spark of sensation ran through her legs and she managed to bend them at the knee ever so slightly. Her surroundings blurred as the transportation took place but she caught the tail end of Khan's words.

"...after all, no ship should go down without her Captain."

"No," Luna said aloud. "Khan, don't!"

Too late.

The combination of bright light and stark white walls made the Sanguine squint as she materialised on the Enterprise. Kirk, Scotty and Carol weren't far away, all still recovering from their injuries. It took Luna a moment to realise where they were, but the large panel of glass confining them to the small room was all too familiar. The Brig.

Scotty caught on too and ran up to the glass, slamming his foot against it. "Let us out of here now!"

There was a horrendous bang and the entire ship shuddered and rocked to the side, knocking everyone to the floor. Luna cried out and dragged herself into the corner with gritted teeth. As she did so, a dull ache formed in the small of her back. At least the feeling in her legs was returning.

Nearby, Carol started to hyperventilate and covered her mouth to muffle her cries. Kirk was at her side in seconds. He helped her sit up and slung one of her arms around his neck.

"You're gonna be fine, Carol, I promise," he said. "But we've gotta get you to Medbay, okay?"

Luna took a deep breath and used the wall to pull herself up. The pain made her whimper but she pushed through, taking a moment to exercise her knee joints. She nearly lost her balance when the ship was assaulted again. Maybe this was the end.

"Lass? Did you hear me?"

Luna flinched when she noticed Scotty at her side. The glass wall had been retracted. Both Carol and Kirk were already out, limping towards the exit of the Brig.