|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 ||

Luna managed to drift off into her own little world as she finished her morning blood bag. The joys of captivity had become extremely repetitive, especially since Samsa visited at the same time every day. She was due any minute now. A little late, in fact, with the digital clock reading thirty-eight minutes past ten, when she usually showed up at half-past on the dot.

Sure enough, the door to the room opened and Samsa came through looking rather flustered. She wore the same clothes as the previous day, with her shirt buttons done up in the wrong order. A mark that looked very much like a recent love bite just peeked above her collar.

Luna couldn't help a subtle smirk forming on her lips. "Someone was in a rush this morning."

Samsa frowned but soon noticed the odd fastenings and rushed to fix them. "Sorry, I'm late. I got held up."

"Eight minutes won't do any harm. Hope whoever you were with made it worth it."

A deep blush crowded the blonde's face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Luna coughed to hide her laughter. "I'm guessing Jim's awake."

"Yes, he is," Samsa nodded, wide-eyed. "How did you..." She trailed off and her cheeks reddened even further. "By the Founders, is it that obvious?"

"Are you kidding me? You might as well have the words 'just got laid' written on your forehead."

"Keep it down!" Samsa hissed, bringing a finger to her lips in a shushing motion. "People are monitoring your visitations, you know."

"Screw them. I need details."

"Behave."

"What?!" Luna grinned. "You have to tell me everything. It's about damn time you two got back together."

Samsa's embarrassed cringe slowly turned into a sheepish smile as she came and sat on the end of the bed. "We watched a movie and talked about things. Then...I stayed over."

"And...?"

"And...we had a good night."

"You've gotta give me more than that!"

"I don't have to give you anything. Especially with cameras recording us," Samsa hissed, her voice tinted with amusement. "Besides, as much as I want to chat, there's something I need to ask you." She pulled an opened envelope out of her pocket.

Luna recognised it instantly. Her stomach clenched and she rubbed her forearm for comfort. "I forgot I sent that."

"Marla gave it to me yesterday but I only read it this morning." Samsa dropped her gaze. "You were going leave."

"I didn't know for sure. I wrote that before Khan blew up the Archive."

"You and Khan..."

The blonde trailed off but Luna knew what was coming. She braced herself for the questions, already planning how to respond. It was something she had tried to avoid thinking about for two weeks.

"...you were together, weren't you."

"Hardly," Luna scoffed. "There were two magical days in a hotel room in London. After that, things went pretty downhill."

"If you had left, where would you have gone?"

"Not sure. Somewhere off-world. A few places I visited after escaping Jared would've worked..." Luna trailed off when she saw the look on her sister's face. "Trust me, running was the last resort. I...I kept thinking about leaving you after being apart for so long."

"It's okay," Samsa said, quietly. "I'm sure you had your reasons. Things must've been different before Khan took matters into his own hands."

"You could say that." Tears began to form in Luna's eyes. She tried to stop them from taking over, but it was practically impossible.