Chapter 73

I observed him from the other side of the street as he shut the door of the black Range Rover that he had just hopped out from. He waved farewell to the driver, crossing the busy road and as he drew nearer a beaming smiled pulled on my lips. As he reached to where I was standing, he pulled me into a heartening hug, the whiff of his strong cologne went straight into my nostrils, and I closed my eyes as we embraced each other for God knows how long.

Several of loving words escaped his lips and every word that slipped out made me feel better. Knowing that Aidan had missed me was the sweetest thing ever.

Aidan was a busy man ever since he landed a secure and well-paid job as an interior designer. It was another dream of his to accomplish and he was incredibly passionate with it. He was always in and out of the office since he had to contribute with certain groups of people along with selling his ideas, working with numerous projects and brand-new clients. Aidan was becoming really successful with his job and people were quick to work alongside with him.

He spent most of his time producing designs, planning, drawing constructions and even visiting his own warehouse since that's where a majority of his décor and items were stored. I was proud of Aidan since he was achieving his dreams right after the other.

"I missed you" I expressed happily pulling my body away from him as I looked into his eyes.

Aidan then placed his hands on both of my cheeks and smiled. "I missed you more. I was really home sick and this time it was bad"

"And you didn't tell me?" I asked him as I pressed my lips together and Aidan let his hands drop to the side.

"Yeah, I didn't because I knew that you would've wanted me to come home ASAP and you know that I simply can't do that" He explained to me, and a smile crept on my face because he was right about that. I would've begged him like a child to come back.

I grabbed a hold of Aidan's warm hand as we walked along the glossy floor of the lobby building. "I have a surprise for you" I giggled.

"I'm listening" Aidan said in a curious voice as he reached his finger out to press on the silver buttons of the elevator so that it could come down to the ground floor and I glanced up at him.

I let out a sigh as I tucked my hair away. "You have to guess" I said to him as I examined the black suit that he was wearing, and it fitted him so well. I know that black was such a basic colour, but it was honestly made for him and for him only. The dark colour complimented his skin tone exceedingly well and it just made him far more handsome than he already was.

Aidan pulled a face as we entered the elevator and I pressed on floor number 10. "I'll be guessing for hours if you don't tell me now"

I shrugged my shoulders at Aidan as the doors gradually closed. "I don't mind" I answered with a dazzling smile.

"So, you're not going to tell me?" He asked and I shook my head as Aidan groaned whilst he impatiently shook his legs. I rubbed my tongue against the top of my teeth as I waited for him to start his mission with guessing.

"Hmmm" Aidan hummed, and I kept my eyes on the numbers that were increasing to our level.

"You got a new job"

"En correcto" I disapproved. ("In correct")

"You baked me brownies?"

"No" I giggled, and Aidan frowned his face at me like a little kid. The elevator dinged as we reached the floor of our luxury apartment and we both stepped out with my hand still clinging onto his.

"Did Velvet give birth while I was gone? We have kittens?!" He exclaimed excitedly and I scoffed at Aidan.

"No silly. We spayed her remember?"