Chapter 38

A D R I A N N A ' S   P O V

"Aidan, can we talk?" I softly asked as I stood behind him with my hands placed behind my back. Aidan was busy painting in his room as usual, hours of constant work had been spent on the masterpiece that he was currently creating and they were all beautiful like him. The paintings he made matched his entire vibe and soft aesthetic. Even though Aidan adored the colour black his work connected with his entire aura.

Aidan didn't respond to me, and I assumed that he didn't hear me because I asked him so quietly. "Aidan-" I began before he abruptly cut me off.

"Yeah, Adrianna I heard. But I'm bu-"

"Busy, yes I know that. You're always busy. But it's really important" I said with a slight nod as I fixed my silk nightgown. Aidan dropped his paint brushes, and I could tell that beforehand he was debating whether he should listen to what I had to say. He swivelled around in his seat so that he was facing me, and his eyes met mine from a far.

"About?" He asked me and then he lowered his head so that he wasn't really looking at me. He always tried to limit his eye contact with me.

"You" I uttered, and Aidan quickly lifted his head up. I looked behind me and I stepped inside his room, gently closing the door behind me.

His room was dim, and I don't know how he was able to see what he was doing. The environment in his room was giving a sad and eerie vibe and it was so abnormal and strange to me because Aidan did not give off that type of energy. His room gave the complete opposite of who he truly was. The vanilla scented candles that were lit in the room gave a slight touch of warmth and happiness and the smell was so pleasing to me.

Aidan had painted work hung on the walls and some of them were new pieces that he had been working on or finished. He loved to paint sunsets, clouds and other beautiful themes.

I sat down on his bed that was neatly made and I crossed my leg over the other and I glanced up at him.

"I hate this Aidan" I murmured as I shook my head.

"I miss how we would resolve things quickly when we would disagree on things. Last Summer was amazing" I continued as my mind went back to all of the fun times that we had with each other, and I mean we still enjoyed ourselves but this time we hardly went on dates, we haven't watched the sunset together in months, it wasn't normal to me.

"I've noticed your change of behaviour and I want to ask you if you're okay"

"And please don't say that you are because I can tell that you're not" I quickly said before even giving him a chance to respond to me because I didn't want him to lie to me. I wanted Aidan to feel comfortable, to speak his mind when something was troubling him. This was a safe place; he could trust me. The people that I was surrounded with knew that I was compassionate and understanding. I never turned my back on people especially when they needed it.

"I'm going to be honest with you because I don't lie" He said very firmly as he made direct eye contact with me.

"I'm not okay and I don't want to tell you what's wrong with me Adrianna so please don't push me to open up to you" He pleaded with a slight frown, and I didn't know how to feel about that.

"Aidan" I began.

"Tu m'as demandé comment j'allais et je t'ai dit" He groused in French and I tilted my head to the side a little. ("You asked me how I was and I told you")

"Yeah, but I don't want you to not tell me" I mentioned.

"Mental Health is important and because I care about you, I'm going to be concerned if I notice something different" I explained to him. "And I'm not trying to force you to open up to me"