Chapter 61

"Um excuse me" I turned my head around when I heard a very nasally voice and it was a young delivery woman. She was holding a large rectangular cardboard box underneath her arms and an iPad in her other hand.

"Are you Adrianna De La Cruize?" She asked me and I nodded my head to her response.

"Yes, I am" I beamed and the young woman placed the box down on the floor and she scooted closer to it.

"Could you please sign your name over here?" The delivery woman kindly asked as she handed me the small sized iPad. I quickly did my signature and as I did, I looked back and forth at the package, wondering what it could possibly be. I hadn't ordered anything and I wasn't expecting anything from anyone.

As I finished writing my name, I kindly handed the iPad back to her. "Thank you. Have a nice day" She smiled as she adjusted her navy-blue cap and headed outside the lobby doors.

I grabbed the package from the floor and I genuinely thought that it was going to be heavy. I headed straight into the elevators and as I made it to my floor, using my keys to unlock my front door I let out a sigh of relief as I dropped my bags and the rest of my belongings on kitchen stools.

Using my foot to close the door behind me I strolled over to my couch. "Okay" I said to myself as I used my keys to open up the sides of the cardboard and I tilted my head to the side, screwing my face when I realised what it was.

Another painting?

Ripping up the bubble wrap quickly I was exposed to the art. I was feeling this numbness inside of me, not knowing how to react, all I could do was stare and only reflect on the gorgeous painting.

It was the gasping of the waves, the golden sand and the tropical sky that made me miss... him?

I shook my head to that because it was the memories, the way the artist used dissimilar shades of blue made me miss the entire place overall.

The artwork didn't have a name on it which was a complete bummer, I didn't understand why, it didn't make sense to me. I picked up my phone from the couch and scrolled through my contacts to find my dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dad" I beamed as I got up the couch and wrapped my hand around my stomach as I wandered around barefoot.

"Have you been sending artwork to me? Like paintings?" I asked him.

"Paintings? Erm no. Did you get sent something?" My father questioned and I nibbled on my lower lip.

"Yeah, actually I have. There's no name on it so I'm just really curious" I explained to him and I turned around so that I was facing the apartment windows.

"Is it Aidan? I mean you did mention that he's a painter, no?"

It couldn't be Aidan. No way in hell could that ever be possible, I could honestly write down a full list as to why it couldn't be him.

"No it's not him, the brush shapes are way different and he uses water colour paint" I told him but I couldn't be sure since he could've changed his brushes since the last time that I had seen him.

"Well maybe he changed his style"

"No no I don't think he would do that" I disagreed with a slight shake of my head.

"Okay well what do you want me to do? Do you want to throw them away?"

"No, I'll just keep them" I puffed. "I just wish that I could thank the artist and give them my support"

"Okay, keep them. Also, are you going to the event tomorrow?" My dad asked and I heard him take a bite out of the food that he was eating and I was starting to feel hungry as well.