Chapter 8

Aidan had left since he was going to hang out with his friends, so I walked the entire way back to college. I strolled across the quiet outside area that led to all the apartments and it was a large building where all the students lived.

Before I enrolled at college, I was uncomfortable about the idea of living with different people. I loved the idea of travelling to college and just living at home, but my dad explained that living at college was a good idea and that I would get to experience the college life better.

I walked across an open hallway that had different levels in which you could access the apartments.

Towards the end of the hallways there was a group of girls who were giggling and messing around and to myself if they knew about the quiet hours that we had which ran from 10pm till about 7am. The quiet hours applied to everyone who attended our college and the people who didn't abide by the quiet hour rules would get into trouble. It was just basic respect and decency for the other people who were living around you. The girls saw me and snickered, lowering their voices. I ignored them and pressed the lift button, patiently for the lift to come up.

A minute went by, and the lift doors gently opened and there was a girl who was in my Psychology class. I entered inside the lift, but she didn't acknowledge me since she was busy tapping away on her phone and drinking a chocolate milkshake. The lift finally reached my floor and I exited and walked down the quiet hallway. I slipped my key out of my back pocket and I inserted the key into the keyhole.

The place was incredibly warm and I could hear the sound of the tv playing. I shut the door behind me and I strolled into the living room and there was Hana who was sitting on the couch, Kyra who was laying across the floor and Nia who was fast asleep on the other couch.

I giggled to myself when I noticed that they were watching that cooking show. They were obsessed with it and it was just so funny to me because I thought they were going to watch a movie or something but instead they were watching people cook food.

"Hey guys" I softly called, Hana looked up at me with a wave and Kyra looked towards me and grinned.

"Look who's back" Kyra cheered and I returned a smile as I sat down next to Hana who was eating a bowl of chicken salad.

"Yep, I'm back" I responded as I kicked my shoes off my feet.

"How was your little walk or whatever?" Kyra asked as she sat up from the floor and reached over to grab her red slushy that was sitting on the coffee table.

"It was good" I said as I played around with my earrings, and I randomly remembered how Gabby was pregnant and I forgot to tell them.

"My sister's pregnant" I blurted out as I kept my eyes on the tv.

"Holy" Kyra exclaimed as her eyes widened in complete shock.

"That's crazy! What the- you're gonna be an aunt" Kyra shrieked and Hana smiled.

"I know I know. I feel weird" I said as I thought about how everything was going to change in my family. My parents were going to be grandparents and to me that was crazy.

"How does it even feel to be an aunt?" I asked Hana since her older brother had two girls named Maryam and Aisha.

"I feel old... I feel so responsible" Hana responded as she leaned over to grab her glass of orange juice.

"Eeek... I don't want to feel responsible" Kyra grumbled as she gave a disgusted look and walked over to where Hana was sitting.

"What do you think the gender would be?" Hana asked as she took another sip from her glass cup. I scrunched my nose a little and I leaned my head back against the couch.