Chapter 32

C'était le moment parfait. ("It was the perfect time")

I had been waiting for this perfect moment since forever and I was ready. I wasn't going to hold back this time; I wasn't going to stop myself from saying what I truly wanted to say. I've been hiding my feelings for too long and it was getting ridiculous at this point.

I gently placed my hands over Aidan's soft hands that felt so delicate to touch. My chest was starting to feel extremely heavy, and I was feeling nervous. During these past few months, I've been experiencing constant nausea especially when I was around Aidan or when I thought about him.

I thought that it was a bad thing to feel that way but I read that when you're in love your brain is filled with chemicals like dopamine which makes us giddy and energetic. It also creates a stress hormone that makes you feel sick and this is how I felt when I realised that I was falling in love.

I had been bottling my feelings for a long period of time and every day I just wished that I would suck it up and just admit it. I was in love with his heart, his soul and that smile. Every day, I looked forward to spending time with him, learning new things from him gave me thrills and I was never not thinking about him.

He was like a sunset, they both gave me comfort and they were both so breathtaking. Every time the sunset would appear I would get excited to the point where I couldn't control myself and my happiness. Aidan made me feel like this every single day without fail, he knew how to make me feel immensely content without even trying.

"My mom would kill me" I laughed as I popped a red grape into my mouth.

"She would?" Aidan asked me with wide eyes, and I nodded.

"Oh, she would" I responded, and Aidan clenched his teeth.

"I'll start avoiding your mom from now on then" He chuckled, and I picked up my camera that was sitting beside me on the green and white picnic blanket.

"Picture?" I asked him as I held up my camera and I waved it around. He scooted closer to me, placing his arms around my shoulder and kissing my cheek. I captured it quickly and I zoomed into the image as a dazzling smile pulled on my lips.

We ate a few more fruits together as we sat on the hill until the sun set. I didn't want us to stay out for too long today, so we packed our belongings and I put my black iPhone in the back of my jeans pocket. I reached out to grab onto his hand as we walked down the gentle slope of the hill. The further, we walked the more I felt like telling him.

Tell him now!

I bit the insides of my cheek as we approached the top of another hill, the view here was much more beautiful, everything was much more golden in this spot. We both stopped in our tracks, standing there for a bit and I glanced over at his jawline.

Gosh Aidan. You don't even try to look good.

"Aidan" I uttered in a slight undertone voice.

Oh God. I was going to say it. Aidan turned his head to look at me and I grabbed his hands as I licked my bottom lip.

I intertwined our fingers together and we were now face to face with each other. The distance between us was closed together and I just wished that we could be this close together all the time.

"I-I want to tell you something" I stammered, and I didn't know why I was already stuttering. I took a look around before I met his eyes and it reminded of the time when we had first made eye contact with each other during my holiday in Brazil.