Chapter 59

TW: Mentioning of an accident but it does not go into detail! It is very brief <3

Aidan Morales

I had stared at his name for far too long, it was all just empty stares. I sniffed as I shut my notepad, pushing it as far away from me as possible. I clapped my hands together gripping onto them rightly as I asked God multiple times, hoping that I would get an answer from him.

Whyyy? Why is he back? Why did you bring Aidan back? What the hell does he want from me and why is he in LA?

I laughed to myself and rubbed the temples of my head, the overthinking was beginning to cause me a headache and I was really irritated with myself because of the situation that I was in, the one that I was simply trying to get out of.

Pushing the wheely chair back I hoisted onto my feet as I adjusted my blazer and I walked back and forth around my office as he consumed my deprived mind

A soft knock interjected my thoughts and I curved my head towards the direction of the door and Alondra entered inside.

"Hola!" She greeted me in Spanish and I returned a very quick grin that wasn't so welcoming.

"How's work?" Alondra asked me.

"Good and the counselling sessions?" I questioned her as I put the glass cups away and Alondra shrugged.

"Mmm it's alright but we obviously didn't want him as the counsellor but I guess he will do"

Alondra placed her hands behind her back and strutted towards me. "Can I ask you why you don't want to counsel my brother?"

She was never going to drop this subject, was she? She already asked me this before and I gave her my answer.

"You already asked me this question" I stated and Alondra nodded.

"Si! I did but I want to ask you again. It's been on my mind a lot"

I scoffed. "Yeah, I can tell" I muttered and Alondra pressed her lips together as she scanned my face.

"So no answer then?"

"I can't counsel your brother because it's not professional and besides we were in a relationship before" I finally said.

"Yeah, but that was two whole years ago. You're both twenty-two and you haven't seen each other in years" Alondra claimed as she darted her eyes to the left and back at me again.

"Yes, but it's not about that-"

"Then what is it then?" And she looked at me with curious eyes as she patiently waited for my answer and for some reason, she was very intimidating at this point. They all were, I think it was in their genes because they were all like that.

"Nothing it's just not okay and I don't want to do it" I told her and Alondra looked down at her heels and shrugged with a smile.

"Okay, well I'll see you around" She beamed as she turned on her heel and left my office.