Chapter 45

Warning: This Chapter talks about suicide attempts, but it's very brief.

'Not Pregnant'

Gabby pulled me into a tight and happy hug, rocking me from side to side as my face was squeezed against hers. My hands were in an awkward position since I was expecting to her to react in that way. My sister continued to squeal like a child as I smiled quite uncomfortably.

Gabby finally pulled herself away from me and looked down at the pregnancy test that she made me take again because she wanted to see it for herself. "Thank God that it came out negative. It would've been terrible if you were actually pregnant"

"How do you feel?" My sister asked me, letting out small and breathy sigh. I shrugged my shoulders because I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad that the came out negative. It was really confusing to me because I was supposed to feel relieved by the results, but I wasn't.

After finding out that I wasn't pregnant I booked an appointment with my doctor because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was vomiting, eating a lot, not getting enough sleep and having aches and other concerning symptoms. My doctor then revealed to me that I was going through severe stress which is why my period was incredibly late and I was having pregnancy-like symptoms.

"You'll be okay, I promise. Just take it easy and don't stress yourself any further" My sister kindly encouraged, and I returned a small smile.

I had been travelling back and forth to Aidan's house constantly since the day I had told my mom about our little situation and because we were driving so much Aidan's mother insisted that we stay in the large guest rooms which was at the very top of their large house.

"I'm going to head downstairs and grab some juice" I said to Gabby, and she passed the pregnancy test over to me and I threw it straight into the trash.

I left the room and gently shut the door behind me since Chloe was sleeping in the room as well. I walked along the calmly lit and quiet hallway as I headed down the staircase. It was late in the evening, about 11pm and I'm pretty sure that everyone was fast asleep in their cosy and warm beds.

I reached the end of the stairs, turning a corner as I pushed open the kitchen door and I was irritated to see Carla sitting at the large dining table. I wish I could turn back now and forget the stupid drink, but Carla had already met my eyes and she closed her laptop shut with a not so genuine smile.

"Hi sister in law"

I ignored her as I grabbed the handle of the overly large refrigerator, and I noticed the orange juice jug. I carefully took it out and placed it on the marble countertops.

"Mom told me that you thought you were pregnant, and I thought it was funny to hear that"

"Do you want to know why I thought it was funny?" Carla asked me as I opened up one of the cabinets and I grabbed a fancy glass cup.

"No" I bluntly said.

"I found it funny because did you really think that Aidan would support you? Did you really think that a college boy would want that?"

"Want what exactly?" I asked.

"A baby... with you" She answered.

I didn't answer her, and I continued to mind my own business. I was a little hungry, so I decided to wash and cut some berries into a bowl. Carla on the other hand continued to talk about my situation and I just wished that she would be quiet already.

"Being divorced at twenty is embarrassing, don't you think?" Carla interrogated and I tried my best to act like she wasn't here.

"I know you can hear me Adrianna" She called out with a slight irritation in her voice and I smiled to myself. "I don't like being ignored"