Chapter 22: Alone without you

To process everything, the group decided to come together at Jafri's residence. They are still extremely skeptical of Detective Wan's claim that one of them is the murderer.

" Oh my god, I can't believe this " Jasmine said softly, tears welling up in her eyes. Her palm was clamped over her foerehead as she leaned over the dining table.

" Hmmm, this is nonsense " Adam said, for once speechless. " No way, one of us is able to do that "

Jafri's eyes were wide with frustration, " I don't believe that man, I think he has no choice but to act in this manner in order to find a scapegoat and end the investigation rapidly "

Putera's strolled over from the kitchen, bringing the ' Nasi Lemak ' he had prepared for them.      " But I think his claim is reasonable, I don't say one of us did it, but someone can always hack us and eavesdrop us like he mentioned " he continued, his brows wrinkled in dread.

" Sure, the timing still not convincing " Melur blinked agreed with Putera.

Putera leaned forward and adjusted his glasses over his nose with his shoulder, " Forget about that for a moment and enjoy my delicious cuisine " He finally finished presenting the food on the table after a few trips from the kitchen.

Within a minute, the heap of ' Nasi Lemak ' had vanished into their throat. Perhaps the deliciousness of the dinner piqued their appetite and temporarily distracted them from their predicament.

" You look serious "

While he is emotionlessly daydreaming during washing the dishes, such words jolt Putera back to reality. He looked down at Jasmine, who was a few inches shorter than her and was holding the last dirty pot.

" Allow me to help you " Jasmine offered as she put on the rubber gloves and began washing the dishes. Putera simply smiled and nodded, allowing Jasmine to assist her.

" I'd want to ask you, as a neutral person in this case, if you believe Detective Wan's accusation yesterday? " Jasmine strikes up the conversation with Putera.

He paused to contemplate after submerging the soiled pot in a bowl of liquid dishwashing soap. " I don't think he's unreasonable from his viewpoint because it's the only lead he has on this case "

" But hey--, don't worry if he finished the digging on us and still doesn't find any evidence or motive to pin on us-- " He paused and made an eye contact with Jasmine " The police cannot summoned us as a suspect "

" That's comforting to hear " she replied, smiling adorably. " I have one more question to ask you Putera " Jasmine leaned her waist against the sink and stared at Putera.

The unexpected gesture turned his cheek into a red cherry in the midst of July, and he flustered by her attention. " Next time, I'll charge you a fee for each question you ask " he joked, trying to mask his feeling.

Jasmine made a sneering face " Ayyy, that's so petty "

" I'm just kidding " he joked as he stood there eyeing Jasmine.

" Do you ever regret about joining this journey and inadvertently dragging yourself into this mess? " Jasmine stood up, her gaze fixed on the man in front of her, and she posed a question that had been worrying her for some time.

Putera came to a halt and hesitated for a few moments before looking down at Jasmine and saying, " We cannot reverse the past, it's true, a small part of me regrets joining all of you." " But at least I got to know some lovely people like you guys " he breathed and smiled, " Especially you... " Putera thrown the words in a soft voice with a shyness in his tone.

Jasmine is the one who is blushing now. She opened the faucet in the sink and splashed water over Putera feeling shy, " Oopps, I'm sorry " She chuckled watching Putera's reaction.

" Okay, let's do this" Putera then took of the rubber gloves and splash the water to Jasmine for a cute revenge.

When two people's acts have the purity of a diamond, there comes a moment of pleasure. While doing the dishes in the kitchen, these two continued to have a good time. Peaceful night embraced than even though with the shock accusation made by the police. They still have faith in each other and have decided to stick together through this terrible time in their lives.

Friendship-based betrayal can come in many ways, ranging from snatching your significant other to pursuing a career you want, to gossiping or disclosing information you shared with them in private. At some point in their lives, everyone in the world has been betrayed by a friend.

Killing a buddy, on the other hand, is at the top of the list and the highest of the tier. It's the biggest betrayal a person can commit towards a friend. To drive a sane person to murder his friend, the motivation must be stronger. That is the centre of Detective's interrogation, which he requested, to elicit a purpose from these five individuals.

" The chief of police is going to scold me for not stopping you," Danielle complained. " What makes you think one of them is a serial killer only because of that one coincidence? " Danielle complains to his boss inside his office.

" Hey, don't start your day that way." Detective Wan sat at his desk, sipping his cup of coffee, " I have this instinct since I first met them, I'm sure one of them is the killer " Detective Wan made a bold statement.

" But... " " Even a broken clock always get it right twice per day " Danielle sat on the sofa.

" Still, we sure that it will not get right for three times " " We don't call it coincidence Danielle, we call it a pattern " In a composed manner, he ease Danielle's concern.

" Huh? " Danielle exclaims, dumbfounded by his boss's convoluted response.

" The killer was agitated, which is why, after recognising his or her error, he or she decided to steal the car "

" I realise you used he or she to not define the gender, but do you think it's impossible for the killer to turn out to be one of the females if your supposition is correct sir? " Danielle asked.

Danielle seems to be the focus of Detective Wan's attention. " Danielle, anything is possible "       " Believe me, anything is possible " He insisted.

Interrogation gives an impression of a wrestling match for him. One fighter aims for a critical area. The other sides are attacked first, followed by counterattacks. With a flurry of reckless swings, one goes on the offensive. The other waits for an opportunity to offer itself. The type of expectation can vary. In order for the suspect to 'tap out,' he must maintain his end in sight.