Chapter 1: No bad pieces in domino

" Knock Knock ", " Knock Knock ", the loud sound that came from the old red oak door penetrates the air of the peaceful morning in the slum area of Kuala Lumpur. Tall frame of silhouette was seen in front of the apartment waiting for the respond from the knock.

Putera sweeps around the corner of the sofa and rise to open the door with a messy hair covering his small head.

His best friend, Jafri appeared on the other side of the  door, striding inside and sits on the sofa.

" Why you always watch this kind of content man, Are you a real freak? " this question was shoved to Putera as the gruesome crime scene aired inside the frame of the television watched by him

" What you are watching this time freaky? " Jafri asked.

"Just another crime documentary on Netflix "

" I understand the need for filmmaking corporations to answer to the strong demand for real crime stories, but I still don't see the reasoning behind the nauseam effect that every documentary or story delivered to the viewer "

Putera stops fidgeting and looked up, " It's a simple economic man, high demand, high supply! You clearly not a target market for them " he said with a little high pitch in his tone.

" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know that " Jafri answered that with tone that indicates that he does not even paid attention and uninterested to the topic in the conversation.

" You might be startled to learn that there are many people outside who are fully-fledged sociopaths who are just waiting to be freed from their fake morality imposed life and ruthlessly attempt to kill other mankind " Putera persisted in his efforts to persuade him.

" All right, Freaky! " Jafri responded in a slightly humorous tone, intending to irritate his friend.

" What I am trying to say is all of these people need something to feed their wicked soul and like always Netflix delivered the favour " Putera said that with his gaze fixed on the television.

With the emerged technology, all stories from wide scope of genres are assessable and everywhere you turn these days, many shows or podcast were devoted to this particular genre. Maybe psychology effect came into play as enormity of evil fascinates us as a human being.

Putera was preoccupied because it gives him a glimpse into the minds of this group of people and that also become a major factor that led him to take criminology and sociology study as the major in his tertiary education. This obsession grows out from a stem call curiosity ripens with the flower of pleasure that concealed it.

" Enough with that, did you bring the items that I requested? " Putera shifts his sight to his buddy.

" Please remind me again why you need this alcohol? " Jafri said as he grabbed a bottle of liquid from his suitcase and handed it to Putera.

" This is not some liquid, it is Ethanol " he smiled cheerfully as he received the bottle. " I need to use it to clean the my freezer and washing machine "

" What!? " " You can just buy domestic disinfectant at the mall! " He lifted his eyebrows feeling speechless with his friend.

" Nah, I like to work with raw stuff  " He still scanning the bottle.

" Weird, so weird " Jafri mumbled by himself while shaking his head.

The two buddies then continue to watch the series till the day dawned crisp and clear.

As the day dived into the sunny day of tropical weather, Jafri rose from his sit and looked down to Putera, " Meet me at the lunch tomorrow after your class, I have special announcement to make " Jafri said that with an exciting looks wore on his face.

" Roger that buddy " Putera only replied half-heartedly.

After Jafri heard the answer, he throws a small wink in the direction of his friend and walk pass the small sofa in the living room and egress the home.