"Then can't you dial your obnoxiously loud voice down so your sister can sleep." An exhaustedly annoyed voice commented from behind.

"Y/n! You should be in bed resting! Oh god, your face it more flushed. The fever never break yet?" Orihime sprung up to motherly place her backhand against your forehead.

Sighing, "Not yet." Your raspy voice answered.

Partially turning his head around, Hisoka studied your body from the corner of his eyes. Indeed it was apparent you had a fever. Your eyes were teary, cheeks flushed, and it was obvious that a throbbing headache was bugging you. You looked weakened but tense.

Tense around him.

"Y/n." He sternly said. Noticing again, how your body stiffened tenfold by just uttering your name.

"Yes?" You causally tried to pass off through your slightly blocked nose.

"What is the matter? No more beating around the bush. You are hiding something from me. " Hisoka wanted the issue to be addressed right now. Not caring if there were people around. If anything, he wanted them to be around to prove a point that you weren't getting wedding jitters. Well, mainly to rub it in Grimmjow's face. Your love has always been and will be unquestionable towards Hisoka and that was brag worthy.

"W-What? What makes you think that?" You enquired with a startled undertone.

"You are distant with me. And when you are with me, you are scared, extra stressed and nervous. Are you hiding an illness from me? Is your body rejecting your transplant?" Hisoka laid down his concerns.

"N-No.." You uncomfortably answered. But because you did, it convinced everyone that you were lying.

After a few long seconds of silence, you exhaled deeply as unintentional fever-tears slid down your face.

"I am scared of you Hisoka." You whispered distantly. Agreeing with his prognosis.

The Joker narrowed his eyes at you a bit surprised that you were. Yet alone confess to him that you were.

"Why?"

And boy were there so many reasons to be scared of him. Was it the fear of him hurting you again? Getting physical with you? Did he do something that offended you?  He was a mafia leader, his life was dangerous and so was he. There's so many reasons to be scared of someone, so the train of thoughts and guessing would be never ending if you didn't answer him.

"...Because I don't want history to repeat itself."

"You are being vague Y/n." Hisoka impatiently spoke. Internally, he cursed at Grimmjow for potentially putting doubts in your head that he was seeing other girls if you heard him speaking about that earlier.

Nothing had to be more annoying than to be accused of 'cheating' when it was the furthest thing from the truth.

You didn't know whether it was how Hisoka's presences made you feel or it was your illness, but the lightheadness flooded your brain and your heart ached from how hard it thudded against your chest.

Yes you were feeling ill and stressed, but you had to talk and get this over and done with so you could go back to laying down. You felt far too weak to socialise the whole night.