~ninteen~

y/n's pov

it is now late november. days getting colder as they pass.

me and joshua haven't talked much since that last group get together.

he claims he's been busy 'helping his family' but based on information we have gathered, he's busy organizing a big drug deal.

we have done background checks on all thirteen members of the group. just happens to turn out that joshua only has his mom.

i was a little hurt to say the least. not hurt that he was doing a drug trade but hurt that he lied.

i understand, he doesn't have the power to decide weather he can tell me or not but he didn't have to bring his 'family' into it.

especially for me, family is everything. jangmi and sunni have families that have accepted me and brought me into them but it doesn't feel the same knowing they aren't blood.

on holidays they always invite me and i hang out with them but it just makes me miss my own family more.

my appa always texts me on the holidays but he never puts in the effort to come and see me.

my boss has ordered me to keep a closer eye on joshua and i have been doing just that.

i am sitting outside the casino, late evening, in my car. music is playing but i'm paying no attention to it, i'm in my own world thinking as i'm looking out the window watching cars pass by on the highway.

the sun is starting to go down and all my thoughts are flooding my head.

thanksgiving is next week and i have no idea what im gonna do. jangmis family normally has lunch while sunnis family makes dinner and as much as i love going with them i feel like i should go visit some other family or at least give the some space.

i was knocked out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed and light up indication i had a text.

appa
didn't want to wish me a happy birthday?

y/n
i was going to but i had
some work stuff to deal with

happy birthday 🎉

appa
thank you baby
did you want to come visit for thanksgiving?

i was hesitant to answer. its like he was in my thoughts. honestly i wanted to say yes but i also kinda wanted to spend the whole day at my park maybe invite my friends nabi and da-eun.

y/n
umm i actually have some family im
gonna meet up with but ill tryto be
there this weekend if that ok.

appa
yes that would be nice
be safe love you

y/n
love you

i put my phone down and resume looking out the window, getting my self lost in the clouds.

just as i start to get into the deepest of thoughts my phone buzzes once more.

i look at my phone to see joshua's contact this time. 

joshua
hey did you want to go out to eat?
the boys have some stuff they need to
do an im hungry

y/n
yea ofc
where did you want to go?

joshua
i was thinking we could get some
ramen and eat it at the park so
we could hang out for a little

y/n
mk sounds good
ill be there in a minute

joshua
kk
(read 7:05)

i sit in my car for a few more minutes fixing my light makeup and singing my music then i proceed to pull up to the front.

i get out of my car and pull open the slick wooden doors to the casino only to be hit with the smell of weed and money.

i go to the bar, order a drink from mingyu and text joshua im here.

as i take a light sip from my semi-alcoholic drink i feel the presence of another in the seat next to me.

i didn't look over but kept my eyes on my drink in front of me when the male started talking.

"what is a stunning girl like you doing here. i've honestly never seen such a woman willingly step foot in a casino like this. you should prob-" the unfimiliar man goes to finish his lame flirtatious statement when i feel a hand on my shoulder.

"there you are babe, we should get going." joshua interrupts the infuriating man, shocking me with the new nickname, griping my hand and helping me up from my seat.

we walk out of the casino hand in hand, letting go when joshua goes to open the door for me.

i continue walking to my car, still marginally in shock. i get in the drivers seat and sit there for a second as joshua enters the car.

my sense of reality is restored when the passenger door closes and i begin to start the car.

"w-where did you want to go to get the r-ramen?" i dare to ask.

"from the seven eleven down the street from the park." he answers looking me in the eye then slightly smiling.

after a second of silence and intense eye contact i tear away and start driving.

i would steal quick glances at him every now and then and i could feel his eyes on me for a quick second before he would look away.

"what was that man telling you?" he asks keeping his gaze on the road ahead of us. "h-he was just said something about him never seeing a woman as s-stunning as me w-willingly step foot into a casino l-like that." i mentally curse myself for stuttering.

"fucking minho" he lowly chuckles "you know him?" i ask softly.

"yea, him and a couple of his friends owe us." he say quietly, his voice trailing off at the end.

after a couple of minutes of driving with the only sound coming from the radio, we finally get to the seven eleven.

i could tell he was pondering because when i turned off the car and undid my seatbelt he slightly sprung in his seat before undoing his seatbelt and getting out of the car with me.

~~~~ 
(a/n)- i posted this yesterday and decided to edit it today and wtf did i write.

ummm anyways i'll be working on a thanksgiving chapter so hopefully that can come out sometime this week as well but since i am doing so many updates i'm not sure when the next time i'll be updating this book will be.

also i have two books i am praying i can publish by im thinking either new years or february of 2022 im not sure but one of them was already published for some time but i took it down to work on it some more and there is another on that has been a draft for some time.

anyways have a great day luv you <3

11•23•21