~sixteen~

-y/ns pov-

"Do you trust me?"

and he nods once more. "Ok, close your eyes... please." I tell him and he obeys. He places both his hands atop his eyes. "No peaking" I say in an excited tone.

I grab onto him forearm and start to guide him to the park. The park was not just some random public play area, no.

-information on the park-
When I was younger my parents had just gotten divorced and not long after, my dad got together with Cassandra. He knew me and my sister were slightly uncomfortable around her. He also knew that we loved going outside and enjoyed nature.

He put the two together and had people make us our own playground. It also had little trails that lead to a river that was near by. Even when my dad and Cassandra first had soobin, Appa didn't let him go to the playground because he said that is was for his girls and his girls only.

When I got a big older, me and my sister (Kali) would sneak out at night and run to the area. Appa knew about this bit didn't mind much since It was gated. It wasn't that far from where they lived and was also very close to our mom's house.

Since we would stay till midnight, it would get pretty dark and the only light we would be able to see were the post lights in the distance along with the light the moon provided.

One night before me an my sister headed to the park, we went to a small dollar shop near by and got a lot of string lights and decorations along with lots of batteries for the lights.

We then hung the lights up all around the brick gate. We also had a safe full of snacks that was hidden inside the slide. Connected to the slide was a set of monkey bars.

All the playground equipment was a mix of black an white. The monkey bars were white as well as the slide and the rocks on the rock wall. The platform the slide was sitting on as well as where the climbing wall and monkey bars were connected, was all black. The swing seats as well as the chains holding up the swings were white and the rest was black.

Even when Kali and mum passed, I still came and sat on the swings at night like we would when me and my sister were kids. Sometimes I would lay on the ground and stargaze, it felt like my sister was right there laying next to me.

I still go often and it's not too far from my condo but it is a good 10 minute walk. If I ever come with someone it normally just jangmi and/or Sunni but recently me and jangmi have been so busy.

There is a little shaded spot where we have a cube storage where we kept books and toys and next to it is a mini fridge where we had a variety of drinks. It is covered by a flat metal top and is held up by one large pole and is resting on a corner of the tall brick fence.

Me and sister placed a ladder on one side so we could climb up on it and watch the stars. Now I prefer to lay in the grass and only go up there when I have company.

Before my sisters trip with my mom, me and her did something similar to what me and my mom did. We spent the whole day togetber but we also spent the night at the park.

We drank ever drink that was in the fridge and ate every snack in our safe. We set up a tent in the middle of the square property and slept there.
-end of info-

There stood me and Joshua in front of the black fence gate with flowers and leaves beneath our feet.

' the same thing that happened at the cafe won't happen again... right?'

——————

i am so sorry for all the slow updates but here's a quick filler chapter for now. sorry if there are any errors.

hopefully i can update soon.

thank you so much for reading! <3