Embrace It

Quick A/N:
Before starting, I have to thank you all for 4K 👀 that's amazing!! <3

S4 SPOILER ALLERT — Kinda creepy> I just watched episode 4x03 and I just noticed that this chapter is crazily similar to that episode with Hope becoming a full active Tribrid and all. Creepy part being that I wrote this somewhat a week ago and only watched the episode today, lmao...

"Not even a 'how are you' first?" Rebekah said, as she slapped Kol's shoulder.

"Right, how are you darling?" Kol had a cheeky smile on his face as he walked around Hope's room, taking a look at the place his niece had been spending most of her time in.
"Have been better, obviously."
"A friend of ours has volunteered for you to feed."
"Volunteered or compelled?" Hope looked at Kol, her eyes sketchy.
She wanted to pull a prank on him, one she used to do on him back in the days, but to Hope's surprise nothing happened.

"Yeah, about that—" Freya started.
"Is my magic gone?" Hope asked worriedly.
"No, it will return once your transformation is complete."
"Alright, so who is this friend of yours?" Hope turned to Kol, trying strongly not to sound as to how she felt.
Terrified

Josie pressed her ear to the door of Hope's room.
She heard voices, but didn't know who they belonged to.
A hand appeared on her shoulder and Josie jumped, turning around in an instance.
"Jeez Lizzie, you scared me."
"May I ask why you're out here instead of in there?"
Lizzie asked pointing at the door.
Josie sighed. "Hope and I had a fight."
One of Lizzie's eyebrow raised in questioning.
"Do you know who's with her?" Josie asked her sister.
"I heard dad tell Dorian, he invited Hope's uncle Kol and aunts Freya and Rebekah."
"I remember Freya, but I'm not so sure about Kol and Rebekah."
"Right, well do they know about you and Hope?"
"No I don't think so, I mean Hope never really mentions her family."

Hope heard a heartbeat outside her room, two heartbeats actually.
She heard them every tiny moment Kol, Freya and Rebekah were quiet.
Kol told Hope, he and Rebekah would go to Mystic Falls to buy a drink for everyone whilst Freya stayed put.

Once they where out the door, Freya slowly turned to Hope.
"So tell me... how have you been, what have you been up to this year?"
Hope's heartbeat slightly picked up as all she could think of was Josie.
Hope knew if anyone would understand how she felt for her, it would be Freya, and yet she felt this...pit in her stomach. Guilty for not haven talked to her aunt in such a long time.
"What is it?" Freya tried to meet Hope's eyes that kept wondering away, she put a hand on hers.

Hope finally locked gaze with her and sighed.
"There's actually something I've been meaning to tell you, but uhm... I hope you won't feel upset with me for not having told you sooner."
"I'm sure I'll be fine, just get it off your chest."
"You remember Josie?"
"How could I forget that little sunshine."
A smile formed Hope's lips as she thought about Josie and her brightest moments, smiles.
"Well... she and I have been dating for half a year now."
"I— I did not see that coming. But you know, I am very happy someone that good plays such an important role in your life."
"Yeah me too." Hope smiled faintly, which Freya seemed to have noticed.
"What is it?"

"It's just that I care so much about her... and I've just pushed her away, because I can't even begin to imagine what it would do to me if I, or anything or anyone else would hurt her."
"That's the tricky thing about love. You never know how much time you'll have left with the one you love so much it hurts, but that is also what makes it so beautiful, what makes every second together count. And I think that you should embrace that, instead of being scared of it."
A minor tear rolled down Hope's cheek before she pulled her aunt in for a hug.

And in that moment of silence, the slow heartbeat returned to her hearing.

"I need talk to Josie."
Freya nodded with a soft smile on her face.
"I still do expect a formal introduction," she grinned.

Lizzie pulled Josie away from the door and said they should eat something, as outside it slowly got darker by the minute.
"I can't believe we missed dinner because you can't bring yourself to talk to Hope," Lizzie whined.
Josie remained quiet and sat on the kitchen counter, looking at the dark, bold trees outside.
Once Lizzie tuned to her with two sandwiches, she handed one to her sister.
"Look Jo, it's gonna be fine. You two will figure it out, I'm sure of it."

Lizzie left with Mg to watch a movie in his room, whilst Josie wandered the halls, eventually taking a seat in the common room.
She warmed her hands near the fireplace and sighed with a tear rolling down her cheek.
She didn't need to be this upset since Hope was probably acting out of fear, probably didn't mean to say what she said, the way she said it.
Yet that didn't comfort Josie, because the Sophomore was mostly upset with herself for not haven done enough to begin with.
It's your fault Hope lost her human life too.
What if she turns it off? Josie thought of all the worst case scenarios.

Before she completely drowned it them, she got up and went to the woods.
The fresh, cold air felt comforting around her.

"See now, Malory thinks he has figured it all out
but—" Kaleb stops talking to see Jed with a gloomy smile on his face, looking down at him.
"What?"
"Nothing, I just enjoy seeing you so passionate about these things. Most people watch movies without further thought, but you actually look into it, try to understand the characters and their motives...it's fascinating that's all."
"So tell me, what are you passionate about?"
Jed gave it a thought before answering, "My pack, my friends... you."
Kaleb looked deep into Jed's eyes and in that very moment, for the first time in ages, he felt complete.

"Hey, Jo Jo."
Penelope looked at the girl sitting in front of the fireplace.
"Where's your girlfriend?"
"With her family," Josie answered shortly, never caring to look at Penelope.
You can still get her back. You can still be happy again.
Penelope put her cup of tea on the table next to the couch and sat down on the floor next to Josie.
"Is everything okay?"
Josie didn't reply.
"I know I'm not exactly the person you'd be telling things to, but I'm all ears — just so you know." Penelope's voice faded as she saw how heartbroken her ex was, over the girl who took Josie from her.

"Josie, talk to me."
Penelope slowly wiped a hair out of Josie's face.
"Why should I?"
"Because I'm here for you, and you need to talk to someone."

Josie had come back from the woods, completely frozen from the cold of the upcoming winter.
She immediately sat down in front of the fire, until a voice she didn't want to hear appeared from behind.

Josie's heartbeat picked up a pace as she felt Penelope's hand on her skin.
How could you?!
All she saw was Hope's face, all she felt was Hope's hand running through her hair, instead of Penelope's.
She rested her head on Penelope's shoulder, which she imagined to be Hope's.
And then Hope's arm around her, pulling her closer.
How could you be so blind?!

    "Josie?"

Word count: 1304