Surreal

Hope remained still,
just as she had been ten minutes ago.
She never put on the clothe Josie had given her,
simply shaking with only a blanket and vest around her.

Josie didn't know what to do so she called Lizzy to come over.
Not late after, the door opened.
"Hey," Lizzy said softly, she didn't want to wake anyone up. It was past midnight after all.
Dr.Saltzman was already informed on the party and broke it down not too long ago.
He also knew what Hope did and wanted to check on her, but Lizzy told him she'd do it.

Lizzy kneeled in front of Hope with her hands on the top of her legs.
"Hope?" Hope didn't say anything in return.
"Are you okay?"
The tribrid simply stared off into space.
Lizzy turned to Josie. "Maybe we can cast a spell to snap her out of... out of whatever she's in?"
"No Lizzy, that's not necessary."
Josie walked up to them and sat next to Hope.
"Hope, I know you're hurting and I'm really sorry about that. We're not blaming you for anything okay? So please just come back to us."

Hope saw nothing but darkness, it felt like she was trapped inside some coma.
She heard everything around her, but she couldn't see. If you want your sight back.. all you've got to do is take it. You need to want to come back.
But deep down Hope knew she didn't want to, or at least until she heard Josie's voice.
"Hope please just come back to us."
She was so relieved Josie wasn't mad at her after all she'd done,
after all she said.

Hope was suddenly able to see again.
She turned to Josie who sat beside her. Pulled her in for a hug and let out a sigh.
"Thank you."

"I'll give you two a moment," Lizzy said, as she got up and left the room.
Josie and Hope where now holding hands as they tried to figure out what to say next.
"Jo, I'm so sorry for everything."
"It's okay, I get it. And for what it's worth, I'm still relieved you liked me back." Josie chuckled slightly.
"Liked?"
Josie's eyes widened.
"Oh gosh, where we not talking about the same thing back then?"
Hope laughed.
"We where dummy. I just meant that... I still like you. Those feelings won't just go away even if I'd want them to."

Both of their hearts sped up.

"Look, I know I said before that I couldn't let you in that way, but... I can. Because for you I'd break any rules, even my own. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."
Josie put her hand on Hopes cheek as she pulled her in.
Their lips finally met.

Once they where forced to pull away for oxygen's sake, they both smiled.
"So does this mean...?"
"Yeah it does."
They where about to kiss again as the door flew open.
"Omg FINALLY," Lizzy said. "You two where killing me with that "pretending not to like each other" shit."
Hope and Josie laughed as Lizzy said those words.
"Sorry Liz," Josie said, unable to stop the blushing.
"Anyways I'm gonna head back to Mj. Tomorrow, I want details and I don't care who it's from." Lizzy then walked out the door.

"I'm so sorry about her," Josie said to Hope.
"Don't worry, I'm pretty used to it by now."

The next day Hope had woken up exited.
Today was the first time in so long she didn't regret waking up once again.
She couldn't believe she woke up with the beautiful Josie Saltzman beside her.

The night before, Hope and Josie talked for hours until they fell asleep.

Hope bend to kiss Josie's forehead before she quietly got up.
She planned on officially asking Josie to be her girlfriend. Just thinking it sounded like a dream come true. It almost sounded unrealistic to Hope.