Not A Coincidence

"So you're saying you trapped my daughter and her girlfriend in a parallelle universe to wipe The Salvatore school from existence without endangering the students?!"

"Yeah... sort of." Bonnie tried a sympathetic smile on Caroline, but it didn't change anything for the better.
"Why didn't you just ask them to help you instead of kidnap them, and why wipe out the school?"
Caroline paced around Bonnie's living room, trying to keep herself from snapping at her.
Bonnie sighed and placed a hand on Caroline's shoulder, motioning for her to sit down so she had a chance at explaining herself.

"A few months ago Kai visited me, telling me he and a Bennett witch captured a wolf from The Salvatore school so he could destroy it." Caroline shot Bonnie a confused look before the witch continued. "The reason he did that was because, apparently the donation Klaus made to the school was supposedly for him.—"

"Why the hell would Klaus donate to Kai?"
"Because Kai saved Hope's life when she was little, and as a thank you, Klaus wrote him a check though I'm not sure what Kai needed the money for. Anyways, Klaus later on realized the money spend on the check was the only little money he had left and decided it'd be better to invest it into a better cause once he heard Alaric wanted to open a school. He of course chose his daughter, and left Kai furious since that day."

"Okay but that still doesn't explain why you trapped Hope and Josie in a parallel universe!"

Bonnie exhaled and said, "I promised Kai that I would help him destroy the school so that he'd leave Virginia once and for all. I don't want this either but he'll never stop creating chaos."

Bonnie cleared her throat before explaining the rest.
"Before Jed had the chance to hurt anyone, I quickly spelled everyone to an old "prison world" so they'd be save, but I can't get them out myself so I send Hope and Josie there, it's not an easy task but I promise you they're save... as long as they'll be back before midnight."

"What happens at midnight?!"

Present - Hope's pov:

A cool breeze swirls over my exposed arms, having little hairs stand up from the chill.
Suddenly I am not tight up anymore, in fact, I'm not even sitting on that chair at all. My surroundings start to show as if the sun just appeared from behind a cloud. "Josie?"
Just then, two arms wrap around my waist from behind. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment, wanting to stay in the moment even if it's only for another minute. Then I turn around and
kiss Josie hard.

Josie pulls away catching her breath and chuckles. Gosh how I've missed the sound of it..
"I love you."
"And I love you... but let's figure this out shall we?"
I nodded and grabbed her hand before we started walking around.

At first it seemed as if we were trapped in a basement, but now everything slowly starts to clear up and suddenly we find ourselves walking down an endlessly long path surrounded by trees.

"Hope look," Josie suddenly says, coming to an abrupt stop, pointing a finger at a cloud.
A cloud forming numbers... it's a clock, a timer?
It reads 24:00:00.
"Is that the amount of time we have here?"
"If it is, this'll be problematic," Hope sighed.

Bonnie's PoV:

"Every night once the cloud reads 00:00:00 and the moon is full, the world resets... it wipes everything as much as a footprint, the person has left behind out, including itself. Nothing of that person (or people) will remain."

"So if my daughter stays in that word after midnight she'll be wiped from the world's existence?"

"More as in any existence"

Present - Josie's pov:

Hope and I have been walking for about an hour.
My stomach suddenly aches and it feels as if I haven't eaten anything for weeks.
"Are you hungry?" Hope asks.
"How did you know?" I ask, trying not to sound overly amused.
"I can hear your stomach growling," Hope says with a wink. "I'll get you something one way or another."
"Which the other way would be...?"
"The second option would be, wolfing out and bring you the first best animal besides myself ," Hope jokes, although I'm not entirety sure she's joking.

"Look there's a road ahead!" I say with a little bit of enthusiasm.
"Too bad, I kinda felt like going for that hunt," Hope says as I drag her with me and roll my eyes.

"I see a bus stop."
And almost instantly, a bus stops in front of it.
My heart almost jumps out of my chest as Hope picks me up bridal style and vamps to the busstop.
I breath heavily while getting on the bus and sit down next to the window. "Could've warned me you know. And we don't even know where this thing goes."

"Doesn't matter, there probably won't be anything miles from here. It can't be a coincidence that this bus stopped here right on time."

Bonnie:
"First they'll be picked up by a bus that automatically appears wherever they come from. The ride will feel like an hour to them, when only ten minutes of actual time here passes. The bus brings them to an old white painted house that belonged to the first Bennett family. (Completely haunted) but we'll talk about that another time. They'll probably meet the rest of the school there."

Josie:

"Damn that ride took away like a whole hour of our precious time," Hope says irritated when the bus finally comes to halt.
"I feel like I'm gonna throw up," is all I can manage to say.
"Hang on there love," Hope says as she gets out of her seat and holds out her hand for me.
I've always been carsick.

Hope:

Josie doesn't look very well, she hasn't thrown up yet. Luckily (I think luckily) we're 100 feet away from a brightly white painted house that stands on top of a hill, bold trees lingering around it.

"Seems sketchy to me," Josie murmurs.
"It's our only option."

Bonnie:

"Once every 'guest' takes place in the house, they'll be tested by the Bennett ghosts."
"Remember when Emily—"
"Let's not mention that."

Hope's pov

The door opened with a loud creaking when I turned the doorknob.
I felt Josie very close behind me, I could tell she was afraid. If I'd let myself, I would be too.

My ears started ringing once they where suddenly filled with a couple hundred heartbeats at a time. Some loud, some quiet, some calm, some racing.
One of the racing ones might be Josie's.

"Hope, what's wrong?"

"We're definitely not alone."

Word count: 1130
A/N: Tysm for 15k 👀!!

 Word count: 1130A/N: Tysm for 15k 👀!!