Suspicion

#2 gathering DNA

Josie sucked in a breath as she quickly went through Hope's drawers.
Lizzie informed her about Hope's current event, giving Josie some time to search her room.
Josie pulled a hair from Hope's sweater and put it in the tiny plastic bag she carried.
She turned to the door and reached for the doorknob.

"What are you doing?" Hope exclaimed.
Josie had practiced a few lies before attending the mission, but once Hope's eyes burned through hers, there wouldn't be a possibility of words being released at that point.

"I- I came looking for you."
Hope gave the Gemini a look in observation before her eyes fell on the bag she was holding.
"What's that?"
Josie's heart sped up, not only from being caught but of the now, definite realization that this wasn't the Hope Mikaelson she fell in love with at all.
"Well?" Hope asked, slightly impatient, snapping Josie out of her thoughts.
"J—" before Josie could say whatever would've come to mind, the door swung open revealing her dad.
"Dad? What's up?"

"I'll be right back." Mj got up and went to the bathroom as Caleb took the final sip of his milkshake. Suddenly an awkward silence presented around them.
"So...," Caleb said, taking a glance at Jed.
"So," Jed replied, not knowing what to say either. With Mj gone, the tension between them picked up again.
"Ehm, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about a few days back?"
Caleb's heart picked up a pace, left with no courage he experienced the time he actually started the conversation.
"It's not important," Caleb shrugged, regretted noticing the faded expression of disappointment on Jed's face. It took Caleb quite a while before being able to speak again.
"...actually, there is something I've been wanting to tell you, but I'm afraid you'll think less of me."
"I don't think that's possible," Jed smiled softly, making Caleb's heart slightly flutter.

"So...lately—"

"Sorry I took so long, there was a line," Mj suddenly said, sitting back down.
Jed sighed looking down at his shoes for a second that were suddenly very interesting.
"Right.." Caleb's voice trailed off, and Mj suddenly realized he interrupted something.
Damnit Mj.
"Uhm, was I interrupting something?" He asked.
"No," Caleb quickly responded before Jed could tell him otherwise.
Moment's over.

"I know it's late, but I need you two cast a spell for me. Dorian and I found a new artifact that needs to be taken a look at." Alaric said, taking a look at his watch before sitting down at his desk.
He wondered if there was something going on between the two of them since Josie had this look, and Hope... didn't seem as drawn to his daughter as usual.

"It's okay dad, we're happy to help," Josie smiled softly, but her voice trailed off a little. Alaric's suspension grew.

Josie intertwined her hands with Hope's, a cold chill running down her shoulders.
Once the spell was done, Hope asked Dr.Saltzman if she was excused so she could go to bed, Alaric nodding excepting.

As the door closed behind Hope, Alaric turned to Josie shooting her a concerned look, uncontrollably.
"Is there something going on with Hope?"
Josie looked a little lost uncertain wether to tell him the truth or lie so her and Lizzie's plan wouldn't go under water.

"Sweetheart you can tell me," Alaric said softly.
A tear fell down Josie's cheek representing the pressure she's been under.
After a while, the whole story was out in the open to another person once again.

#3 task the spell

Luckily Josie was still allowed to continue their plan, as she assumed her dad would've broken it down for whatever reason.
"How did it go with Hope?" Lizzie asked as she lit the last candle for the spell.
Josie sighed. "I'm just so confused.. she sound like her, looks like her, talks like Hope. But she isn't, that's person inside is not Hope Mikaelson."
Lizzie smiled sadly, taking Josie's hand in hers.
"It's going to be okay Jo, we're going to get your girlfriend back."
Josie swallowed hard, hoping with every ounce of her existence that Lizzie was right.

#4 pulling her out

"What is this place?" Lizzie asked Josie, who didn't know the answer either.
They where in the DNA source. Meaning if it was a supernatural's , they would be in their subconscious.
But this place seemed more like the opposite, literally.
"Are we... upside down?!" Lizzie exclaimed.
"Shhh," Josie shushed Lizzie, looking nervously around the woods.
"Don't shush me!" Lizzie whisper/screamed.
Josie rolled her eyes as they reached an upside down three with a torn note on it.
They where pretty much walking onto the clouds, and where too busy with everything going on to even notice the strange kind of beauty it all still represented.

"Do you think, Hope's hiding somewhere out there?"
Josie looked at Lizzie who was questionably walking behind her before she continued.
"Maybe she's—" Lizzie stopped at that in an instance once the snap of a twig echoed through the woods above them.
The funny part was that they had to jump over the tree tops ever once in a while, Lizzie getting more grumpier by every jump.
"Hope?!"
"Don't! Who knows what might be out there." Josie's steps slowed down as she went towards the sound.
"Don't be a buzz kill," Lizzie groaned in response.
Josie shot Lizzie an annoyed look before turning away from her again.

"Pssst!"

Josie hopefully looked up at the ground, seeing Hope appear from behind a tree.
"Josie, you have to go back now!" She whispered.
Josie ran closer to the tree.
"What?! There's no way I'm leaving you behind."
Lizzie later stood behind her twin, looking up in her direction.
"Oh hi Hope," she waved at the tribrid in sarcasm.
Hope rolling her eyes at the other twin.

It's definitely her, Josie thought as a smile creeped on her face.
"So how are we going to get you down?" Josie asked Hope, hoping she would have the answer.
"You mean up," Hope chuckled. "I guess I'll just have to climb this tree right? Won't be a problem."
Hope winked at Josie before starting to climb the tree. As she reached the top she took a jump, Josie and Lizzie unable to keep their eyes off of her, not sure why she'd do that.
But in les then five seconds, Hope rushed through a power shield, landing onto the sky.

"How did you know to do that?" Josie asked amazed, Lizzie being quite surprised as well.
"I didn't, just an assumption," Hope replied, with a tiny smirk on her face.
Josie smiled and went up to kiss her which Hope replied with a hug.
"Alright, can we go now? This place is giving me the creeps," Lizzie whined.
"I know where we can go."
"What do you mean?" Lizzie asked Hope, a bit suspicious.
"Well there's a portal between this reality and ours, but it needs at least two witches to cast the spell."

And so on, they went to place Hope described.
Josie holding Hope's hand never wanting to let go again, with Lizzie on their heels.

Eventually they came near a small wooden cabin...

"Are you telling us the portal is in here?" Questioned Lizzie.
"Maybe I am," is all Hope responded.
Lizzie shot Josie a look which she ignored, before entering the cabin.

Just as Josie and Lizzie where to take another step,
metal cages fell down aground them,
trapping the twins inside.

But not Hope.

Quick A/N: thank you guys so much for 2k!!
It feels really good to know your hard work gets appreciated <3

Word count: 1268