Chapter 43

Ash continued to watch as the trial continued after Jacques was escorted out of the courtroom. Robyn seems to be having the advantage now that the real truths are being revealed.

"You really think that you've won?" Watts asked Robyn.

"Not yet. I've only just begun. Your Honor, the defense would like to call their first witness to the stand." Robyn said.

"You may proceed Ms. Hill." Lexis said.

"The defense would like to call Glynda Goodwitch to the stand." Robyn said. Everyone watched as Glynda took the stand. "Please state your name and occupation to the court." She said to her.

"I'm Professor Glynda Goodwitch, recently dubbed Headmistress of Beacon Academy and a member of the Vale Council." Glynda said.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Lexis asked.

"I swear to it your honor." Glynda said.

"Professor, is it not true that Ash has been a very big help to the kingdom of Vale?" Robyn asked.

"Not just Vale, but he has also been a great help to all of us at Beacon Academy. Ever since he arrived a little past June, he was made my personal assistant during my time as Combat Instructor prior to Ozpin's death. He's made my job at Beacon so much easier and less stressful." Glynda answered.

Ash smiled at Glynda that she is doing everything in her power to keep him protected.

"Witness, please give us your testimony on Ash's performances prior to the war that has happened." Lexis said.

"Of course Your Honor. Over the course of several months since he arrived at Beacon, he became the Keyblade Guardian of Beacon. He soon upgraded to Guardian of Vale ever since Roman Torchwick's plans have been constantly failing due to his actions and from the first invasion of Heartless that arrived at the capital. He has performed extraordinarily well academically and as my assistant. The very thought that a student that saved countless lives is now being treated like a high class criminal is devastating." Glynda explained.

"Well that is a very reasonable explanation. Mr. Watts, you may begin your cross-examination." Lexis said.

"Of course. Professor, how close is he really to you?" Watts asked.

"What are you getting at?" Glynda asked.

"I mean, how close are you as teacher and student with Ash?" Watts rephrased.

"I'm just as close to him as any teacher would be for their students. He's not perfect yes, but he always gets his stuff done on time and has been an above average student. I will admit that he is one of my personal favorites, but I don't show it." Glynda said with a bit of annoyance.

"Oh really? Then tell me, how do you explain this photo?" Watts asked as he pulled out his file and showed everyone said photo of Glynda kissing him after Ritchie's battle with Brock.

Everyone gasped at the shot. Ash and Glynda froze and Lexis was looking closer at it.

"I…I don't…" Glynda was struggling to say.

"You don't need to. It's clear that you have stronger feelings for him, A STUDENT! This is a violation of the terms you agreed to as a teacher of a high class academy for future Hunters." Watts stated.