Chapter 1

Betrayed...that's the only feeling that I felt for several years. Every morning I wake up from my cave to stare at both Kanto and Johto with Pikachu, who has a terrible scar on his face, one thing always roamed through my mind...that very day when those that I loved nearly made me lose everything. My name is Ash Ketchum, but to the world many people thought I was dead. You might be wondering, how did this happen, who was responsible, and how I was able to recruit a new team that was ready for anything? It all began 7 years ago after I returned home from the Kalos region as the runner up of the Pokemon League tournament.

7 YEARS AGO

Ash and Pikachu have just landed in the Kanto airport after being named runner up of the Pokemon League Tournament in Kalos a few days afterwards. Despite the lost, he still continued to shoot to be the best Pokemon Master of them all. Before they left, Ash and Pikachu stayed with Serena, his long lost childhood friend, and asked Professor Sycamore to have his newly acquired Pokemon be sent to Professor Oak for safe keeping.

"Well Pikachu, we're home." Ash said with a smile.

"Pika Pika!" Pikachu cheered as he remained on his usual spot on Ash's shoulder.

"I can't wait to see everyone again back home. I wonder how all of the other Pokemon are doing with our new friends?" He wondered as they made their way to Pallet Town.

After a few hours of walking, they spotted the peaceful town of Pallet Town.

"Alright Pikachu, last one home doesn't get 2nds of moms cooking!" Ash yelled as he began to run towards his house, with Pikachu close behind.

Upon reaching his home, he suddenly froze with horror. He saw that the Professors Ranch has been set on fire. They ran towards the flames to see what was up. To his surprise, all of his friends he met from his past journeys, as well as his mother, were there staring at the ranch.

"GUYS, WHAT HAPPENED!?" He shouted.

"PI PIKACHU!" Pikachu shouted as well.

For a few seconds, none of them turned to face him. By the time they did, they glared daggers at him.

"Like what you see Ketchum?" Misty asked.

"Of course not, what is going on?" Ash asked again, this time with more fear.

"It's time for you to stop being a Pokemon trainer Ash. There are better things to do out there than this." May said.

Ash couldn't believe his ears. "What do you mean 'stop being a Pokemon trainer?'" He asked.

"Exactly as it sounds Ketchum. You're wasting your time being a trainer when all that you ever done is never winning an actual Pokemon League Tournament." Dawn said.

Ash lowered his head as sadness and anger began to rise through him. "What did you do to my Pokemon?" He growled.

"PIKA PIKA!" Pikachu shouted.

"We have them now, and they see what kind of a trainer you really are now, a little kid with nothing but his own personal gains." Iris said as everybody released multiple Poke Balls into the air and all of Ash's Pokemon glared at him with anger in their eyes.

Ash almost couldn't take it anymore. He began showing anger and hatred towards them. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR GUYS PROBLEM!?" Ash shouted as he raised his head towards them.