Chapter 36

Ash and Team RWBY returned to the location where they were at before they were sent away by Xedrek shortly before he detonated…or what's left of it. Many buildings turned to ruble and piles of concrete and brick.

"Let's spread out and see if we can find him." Ash suggested.

"Right." Team RWBY said and they separated to try to find him.

Along the way around, they saw many White Fang goons being left unconscious on the ground with several others being killed by the wave of the blast.

Yang was looking around city hall until she saw a dark figure on his knees with his back bent backwards and looking straight up. Upon closer examination, it was Xedrek who was back to his original self.

"Xedrek!" She yelled with glee and she ran to him. She chuckled as she knelt to his level and adjusted him so he was straight.

Xedrek slowly looked towards Yang with a frighten look.

"Y…Yang…" He was able to say before falling to the side.

"No!" Yang yelled with fright before catching him and laid his head onto her lap. He began shaking a bit as he felt his body getting colder. Yang quickly summoned her Keyblade and fired off a few fire spells into the sky.

It didn't take for everyone else to join her from where she fired off the spells.

"Oh my god! Xedrek!" Blake said while she and the rest of Team RWBY knelt to him.

Ash activated his aura vision and to his shock, he saw no aura.

"Xedrek, you're aura has completely vanished. If one doesn't have aura…then that would mean…!" Ash realized what was happening.

Just then, Xedrek's shaking began to make him flail a bit. He then groaned as his entire body began to emit white like flames on his body.

"What the!? What's happening?" Ruby asked.

"He's…he's fading away." Ash said while kneeling towards him.

"Well…now you all know why I did this. But enough of that. Listen Ash, there is still time." Xedrek said before raising a hand and created a dark portal. "Go through that portal. It will take you straight to the X-Blade. Complete the ritual, and bring the X-Blade and Kingdom Hearts here. They'll do the rest, but hurry I can't hold it." He was saying while struggling to keep his arm up.

"Right!" Ash yelled before getting up. "I won't let your sacrifice be in vain." He said before running into the portal. After he ran through it, Xedrek's arm fell to the ground and the portal closed.

"Xedrek. Talk to us." Weiss said while holding a knee.

"I'm actually quite glad you four are here. There are some last words this dying shell has to say to each of you. Ruby…" He said while holding her shoulder. "You truly are one of the bravest women I have ever gotten a chance to meet. Lead your team well, and become the Huntress you were meant to be like your mother before you." He said.

"I will." She hiccupped a bit while trying to keep her emotions in check.

He then looked towards Weiss.

"Weiss…they say you're cold hearted like your father before you. But you showed all of us that you are the complete and total opposite, and someone that makes their own decisions. Become the very best president of your family business and make it a place where Faunus, humans and Pokémon alike can feel right at home." He said while holding her wrist.

Weiss gasped from those words and when he saw his feet slowly turning to crystal and slowly climbed.

"I promise." She said.