Chapter 12

By the next morning, Ash was out in the courtyard training with his Pokemon and also keeping himself motivated to continue his training with Team RWBY. Ever since he saw Blake in that state last night, he couldn't help but shake the feeling that something is keeping her occupied from resting.

'I don't know what's going through that head of yours, but it's making you go docile. Please, stop pushing us away.' He thought to himself as he looked up towards one of the towers.

As Ash was watching a 4-1 match between Team CRDL and Pyrrha, Ash continued to look towards Blake, who was struggling to keep her eyes open. He had to find some way to get Blake to spill the beans.

"Well done Mr. Nikos. You should have no problems qualifying for the tournament." Glynda said to Pyrrha as she walked towards her after she defeated Team CRDL.

"So unfocused they are." Ash whispered to them.

"Alright, it looks like we have time for one more sparring match. Ms. Belladonna, you've been a little off for the last few days." Glynda spoke out to her.

"I'LL DO IT!" Mercury called out as he raised a hand.

"Very well, now let's find you an opponent." Glynda said while using her scroll.

"I challenge Ash Ketchum." He called out while pointing at him. Ash then glared at him from that, but then grew a grin.

"I accept your challenge Mercury. Time to see what those synthetic legs of yours are capable of." He said as he summoned his Keyblade. He watched as he vaulted over the railing and landed in front of the stage. As they got into position, Ash sensed something strange about this, which is leading him to have a very bad feeling about this.

"BEGIN!" Glynda shouted and Mercury immediately charged forward and prepared a kick to Ash. He blocked it with his Keyblade and used it to force Mercury off balance. Emerald was watching both of them closely and was amazed at how well Ash was holding his own.

"Hey, your friend is not too shabby." Ruby complimented as she looked towards Emerald.

"Thanks." She said before looking back at Ash.

As the battled raged on, Ash sensed that he was holding back, which confused him.

"You're holding back Mercury. Why is that?" He asked.

"Just getting to know my opponent on the battlefield. Isn't learning so much fun?" He asked with great confidence. Ash raised an eyebrow from the question.

"Sure why not. But for how long are you going to talk than fight?" He asked before charging forward and struck at him, forcing him to try to counterattack, but failed as he was sent flying to the other side of the arena. An alarm rang and Mercury's aura was now down in the red, while Ash barley lost any.

"You should learn to choose a better opponent next time Mercury." He stated before aiming Divine Elemental at him. Mercury struggled to get up and gasped a bit from pain.

"I won't be making that mistake….again." He growled a bit at him. Ash then glared daggers at him before walking towards Glynda.

"Remember everyone, the dance is this weekend, and you will have your first mission next Monday. I want no excuses for that day. You are all dismissed." Glynda said after the bell rang. Ash watched at Team RWBY left, and noticed that Blake continued to try to keep her eyes open.

"Ash, is something wrong?" Glynda asked as she turned towards him.

"It's Blake. She looks like she hasn't rested, or even focused at all for what seemed like days. I can understand about Torchwick's escape, but this is starting to get way out of hand." He said. Glynda just looked at him with worry. What can he do to get through to her?