Chapter 23

Ash and his apprentices were basking in glory as the crowd continued to cheer for them. All things considered, everything was spot on and spectacular.

Ash dismissed his Keyblades and then walked towards the center of the arena and took a microphone.

"Colleagues, friends, families…..traitors and enemies. It's good to be back out in the public eye once again." Ash spoke through the mic. The stadium cheered once again, and Ash was chuckling a bit. "As of today, it has been eight years since I've been at events like this. If I'm gonna be honest, I'm a tad nervous. SO ARE YOU ALL READY TO MEET MY APPRENTICES!?" Ash yelled out. Everyone cheered in agreement.

Team RWBY quickly lined up in order with their Keyblades at the ready.

"Alright! So let's start off with the one who seemed like she wanted to wield a Keyblade from the beginning. First up, all the way from Kuo Kuana Menagerie, this young lady may have started off in the White Fang but she has turned over a new leaf and is fighting to become a huntress to help keep the Faunus around the Kingdoms safe. Ladies and Gentleman, BLAKE BELLADONNA!" Ash shouted. The stadium, mostly the Faunus, cheered for her as Blake waved all around the arena.

"Next up, although she may come from the Schnee Dust Company, she is not as cold hearted as you all believe. This young lady has grown to become quite the warm hearted gal and has a very powerful light within that very same heart that has led her to becoming one of my apprentices. All the way from Atlas, WEISS SCHNEE!" Ash shouted. Weiss did a curtsy and waved a bit as everyone cheered for her.

Ash then took Ruby and Yang away from their team by holding their hands. "Now these next two gals here, they may not look it, but they are sisters to each other. They live in the small town of Patch here in Vale and they never leave each other's side. First of the two is a gal that brings out the phrase, 'Punch Grimm in the face first and ask questions later.' And whatever you do, don't get her mad. Even I have to watch out for her sometimes. Ladies and gentleman, the Blonde Brawler herself, YANG XIAO LONG!" Ash shouted. Yang waved and struck a pose.

Ash then wrapped an arm around Ruby. "This next gal, as a bit of a cool trivia, she is the youngest to ever come to Beacon at the age of FIFTEEN! (Mind blow demonstration) Her actions against Roman Torchwick before the beginning of this school year is what impressed the good Headmaster Ozpin so well that she was bumped ahead two years. Everyone, the gal that knows how to swing a scythe with a razor sharp edge with a bad attitude, RUBY ROSE!" Ash shouted. Ruby squealed a bit while waving.

As the cheering continued, Ash looked away and just paced. The cheering stopped and everyone eyed him.

"Everyone, there comes a time in a person life that when you think that after you accomplished something so big that it will be a big motivation for you to keep going on, that fun for me practically came to a grinding halt. A couple days later, eight years ago, I thought I lost everything. The team that I have right now was a team that I created while I was out in hiding, except for Pikachu here. This little buddy has been with me since day one, and we have been inseparable." Ash was explaining all that has happened as to why he disappeared.

Meanwhile up in the stands, Delia and Miette were sitting next to each other.

"Everyone from Kalos heard of what happened. In fact, I think both Kanto and Kalos took it the worst when he disappeared." Miette whispered to Delia.

"I'm so glad that you really care for my only son." Delia said while looking at Miette.

"Of course, I love him after all." Miette confessed to her. Delia saw this coming and just nodded in approval.