Chapter 5

A couple months have passed since Ash's initiation. Being the Keyblade Guardian of Beacon, Ozpin assigned him to only two classes during his time there, Professor Port's class of Grimm Studies as a student and Professor Goodwitch's combat classes as a sparring partner for those that need extra help. He is usually sparring with Jaune, who seems to struggle the most. Many times Ash gave him multiple advices to better position him in fighting.

Ash has proven to be a quick learner in Port's classes. Thanks to him, Ash now knew the names of all the Grimm that he slaughtered ever since he arrived, from the snarling Beowolf, to the screeching Deathstalker, and to the soaring Nevermore. During one of his classes in his first week, Ash watched as Weiss was taking on a Boarbatusk. Ash sensed rage and hatred towards Ruby as she tried to help her.

"WEISS, GO FOR ITS BELLY! THERE'S NO ARMOR UNDERNEATH!" Ruby began to say to Weiss

"STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!" Weiss shouted at her.

Ash just watched in shock as he saw how she treated her teammate like that.

Not long after class, Ash saw Weiss arguing with Ruby that Ozpin made a mistake of appointing her as leader of Team RWBY.

"Ozpin made a mistake!" Weiss said angrily as she stomped away from her.

Ash sensed her aura showing nothing but sadness. He was about to talk to her, but Ozpin beat him to it.

"Poor Ruby, I know exactly how you feel my friend." Ash spoke softly as he turned around and leave them be. He sensed Weiss heading towards the upper balcony, so he created a portal with his Keyblade and decided to make an appearance.

Weiss sighed harshly as she sat on a bench and watched the sunset from afar. Suddenly, she heard a small sound from behind her. She stood up and saw a portal open and Ash walked out.

"Hey Ash, what are you doing up here." Weiss asked as she starred at him.

"I want to know why you are constantly treating Ruby like that. Ever since I got here, you've shown nothing but hatred towards her." Ash replied with a bit of anger showing.

"She's acting like a child. She got that position due to a mistake from Ozpin. I have accomplished a whole lot more than she has ever done since I first met her before our initiation." Weiss said with anger as well.

Ash began to walk towards her as his eyes began to glow blue from her comment. "And you think acting like being someone that gets everything she wants will help any? You're wrong. She's the youngest to ever come here, meaning she still acts like that every now and then because she's not our age. Keep in mind, she's 15 years old, and you two have been friends for a long time." Ash almost growled, which was scarring Weiss.

"But what can I do if I can't lead?" Weiss asked as fear was building.

"You prove to her that you will always fight by her side. I may not have a team like you guys, but I know how a team works. We fight together, and we stay together. That's what makes us stronger and have a more powerful bond." Ash answered as his eyes returned to normal, calming down in the process.

Weiss looked down in shame. She knew he was right. Ash walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look up at his chocolate colored eyes. She was also feeling that warming sensation again like from last time.