Chapter 41

JUST A BIT OF HEADS UP, THERE WILL BE SLIGHT SPOILERS TO THE BEGINNING OF VOLUME 7 IF YOU HAVE NOT YET ALREADY SEEN IT!

Blake just looked at Ash with a bit of concern after when she believed that Cinder was the one that could help.

"Ash, I know she's been purified and all, but don't you think this could be a bit risky? What if she back stabs us?" Blake asked.

"Well, then she'll have the X-Blade to talk to. Relax I saw it in her aura. Salem's grip over her is no more and she's free." Ash said.

"Okay. But where do we start?" Blake asked again.

"Knowing Cinder that she fled with Cilan, I reckon I know where to start. Are you familiar with Striation City in Unova?" Ash asked.

"Of course I do. Where did you think I found my Purrlion before she became a Liepard?" Blake asked.

"A fair point." Ash said.

Blake then summoned Panther Claw and she summoned a portal that'll take them to Striation City.

"Blake, be safe and try not to do anything rash." Ghira said as he hugged Blake.

"I will dad." Blake said.

"ASH! BLAKE!" Kali's voice shouted nearby. They saw her coming with a bit of a run. "You two are leaving?" Kali asked.

"Yes. Ash is in danger and I need to help him be on the move." Blake said.

"Why not just stay? We can vouch for you Ash." Kali said to him.

"Menagerie might be put in greater danger if I stay. The last thing I want happen is the family that has accepted me, along with this beautiful place to be put in a worst situation that the events that happened during the war last week. When all of this is over, then we'll work on being a proper family." Ash said while holding Kali's hand.

Kali smiled at him before she hugged him.

"Be safe Ash. Promise me that you will return." Kali requested.

"I promise to try my very best Kali." Ash said. She then pulled back a bit and kissed his cheek. Ash smiled back at her and Kali purred. "Come on Blake. Let's get moving." Ash said to her.

"Right. We'll stay in touch mom, dad. I promise." Blake said.

"Good luck you two, and be careful." Kali said as they went through the portal and it closed.

Meanwhile at Striation City, Cinder was working at the gym as a waitress. She wore a similar red dress, but with straps around her neck, her sleeves were separated and she still had glass heels. She had her glass weapons strapped on her back due to her also protecting the city from the Grimm that were nearby, labeling her a heroine to the people.

"There you are ma'am. Enjoy." Cinder said to a customer that had ordered a shake.

"Thank you Cinder and thank you for all you've done for us these past near couple weeks." She said.

"Of course." Cinder said as she was departing.

Just then, her scroll went off and she quickly checked it. She already knew of Watt's rise to political power on the news, but what she didn't knew was when she saw he bounty on Ash's head.