Chapter 10

The news of Roman Touchwick's breakout spread like wildfire throughout Vale. Ash was absolutely furious that the one that he captured has escaped. Ash knew that there was one thing to truly prepare not only himself, but his new apprentices, is to officially begin their training.

Ash and Pikachu walked out with Team RWBY onto the courtyard during the afternoon when their classes concluded. Ash then turned towards them with a serious look on his face towards them.

"Girls, due to the recent events that has happened, I think the time has come to begin your training." Ash said. The girls grew a smile on their face.

"Alright, can't wait to see what I am truly capable of with my new sweetheart." Ruby said when she summoned her Grim Reaper Keyblade.

"I agree. Now before you begin your actual combat training, how about we pick a pose you are most comfortable. I'll show you some poses." Ash said before he summoned his Keyblade.

If anyone has never seen the poses, just look up the characters in Kingdom Hearts and you may have an idea.

As soon as everyone has chosen a pose, Ash began their training. Being huntresses in training, they were very quick at learning. Weiss and Blake learned not only single handed combat, but dual wielding action as well seeing as how they wish to use their main weapons in combat. Ruby used a unique fighting style that resembled that of her ways with Crescent Rose. Yang, on the other hand, seemed to have the most trouble. Seeing as how she never wielded a sword before, she struggled more than the others. Ash noticed the situation and decided to teach her the basics. They started out slow, and would steadily grow.

"You're doing good Yang. If you learn how to connect your heart with your Keyblade, then you will be able to learn quicker and easier than before." Ash explained as he taught her more of the Keyblade's potential.

"Okay, but how can my heart be more connected with it?" She asked.

"Just let your heart and your Keyblade be your guide, just like I did with mine." Ash answered with a smile. Yang smiled and raised Hydra's Fire in a fighting pose towards Ash.

"Now, let's decide on your fighting style. Seeing as how I learned all of them in a matter of years, I'll demonstrate one of each for you and you can decide.

Ash's fighting style is Form 4 Ataru and Form 5 Djem So lightsaber fighting style, a combination of rapid strikes and solid defense.

After showing off some moves, Yang just couldn't decide. So, they did a few practice spars with a pattern of strikes, blocks and dodges. Yang has stumbled several times with her footing and with her Keyblade.

"If you keep a leg back, you'll be better stabilized in combat. Here, I'll show you." Ash said as he walked towards her and kneeled down towards her left leg. She watched as he adjusted it so it was now showing 90 degrees. He got up and walked until he was in front of her.

"Now, ready position and let's try it again." Ash said as he took a stance and aimed his Keyblade towards her, who did the same towards him. This time, she had a grin on her face. Ash struck first, and she blocked it and then counterattacked. Ash was surprised from that, but was able to block it.

"Fantastic. You're a quick learner Yang." Ash complimented.

"I had a hunch that this was gonna be easy." Yang said with a bigger grin.