Chapter 26

I was desperately racking my brain trying to find an excuse, but my outfit and Ran's were just too incriminating.

'Did you go to a fucking club?' Rindou spoke through clenched teeth, his eyes narrowing as he looked at my mini skirt and high heels. 

Ran took a step forward and raised his hands in front of him. 'Look, it's my fault, okay? I'm the one who told her we should go out to take her mind off of things-'

'Just go home, Ran.' Rindou interrupted his brother and walked up to me. 

He seized me by the wrist with a bruising intensity to start dragging me to the door.

'It hurts, Rindou!' I shouted, twisting my arm free. 

Rindou immediately tried to grab my arm again, but before he could, Ran went to stand behind me and grabbed me by the waist to pull me against his chest. The atmosphere was electric as the two brothers stared each other down.

'I told you it was my fault so don't take your anger out on her.' Ran said.

His brother's words caused Rindou's eyes to slightly widen. A flicker of guilt crossed his face as his gaze dropped to the red handprint he had left on my wrist.

I slipped Ran's suit jacket off of my shoulders and turned around to give it back to him.

'It's alright.' I reassured him before mouthing a silent ''thank you''. I was thanking him for having taken me out tonight and trying to make it pass as his idea in front of Rindou.

Ran's jaw clenched as his eyes switched from me to his brother. If a fight broke out between the two of them now, it could have disastrous consequences so I discreetly tugged on Ran's leather belt to divert his attention.

His lavender gaze softened as he looked back down at me. He instinctively raised one hand, about to cup my cheek. But then his hand stilled its motion mid-air as if he had just remembered that his brother was watching us. He reluctantly let go of my waist and walked back to the elevator.

After the door closed behind him, I followed Rindou who seemed to be doing his best at keeping his composure as we entered the penthouse together. Having a discussion with him was inevitable so I leaned my back against the wall and waited while he closed the door behind us.

'Did you drink?' He asked, breaking the heavy silence that had settled over us.

'Yeah?'

'How much?'

I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. 'You're not my dad, Rindou.'

'No, you're right. I forgot your dad sold you in exchange of a fucking debt settlement.'

His harsh words felt like a slap in the face. Even though it was the truth, it still hurt for him to use this in such a vulnerable moment.

'Fuck you, Rindou.' I spat out the words and swiftly walked to my bedroom. 

Rindou called out my name as he ran up to me. 'Y/N! Wait!'

I tried to slam my bedroom door shut behind me but he was faster and pushed it back open.

'I'm sorry, I didn't-'

'Just leave me alone!' I pushed him away from me but he caught my hands in his and held them against his chest, forcing me to face him.

'I love you.'

It almost seemed like the confession had slipped out of Rindou's mouth on accident but he made no attempt to take it back.

I was still processing what he had just said when he brushed his hair back and let out a sigh. 'Fuck... That's not how I wanted to say it-'

My body seemed to move on its own accord as I grabbed his tie to pull him closer to me and press my mouth to his. This kiss was urgent and desperate. All of my tumultuous emotions were poured into it.

I gasped when Rindou pushed me against the wall. He captured the sound in his mouth, taking advantage of my parted lips to slide his tongue inside of my mouth.

He pinned me harder into the wall and lifted me against it. His hands traveled up my thighs to cup my ass as I hooked my legs around his waist. With one rough flex of his hips, he offered me an imprint of his hardening cock between my thighs.

It's only when Rindou started to taste salty that I realized I had started to cry. Tears had  spilled from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks, mixing into our kiss. 

He slightly pulled away to look at my face. 'Don't cry, please.'

His tone was pleading as if it was physically hurting him to see me like this.

'Fuck... I can't think straight when you cry, Y/N.' He carried me to the bed and gently dropped me on it. I gazed up at him as he hovered over me. 'I'm sorry I said all that. I didn't want to make you cry.' Cupping both of my cheeks, he wiped my tears with his thumbs.

'It's not... I'm not-' I was trying to speak but my thoughts were too chaotic for me to form a coherent sentence. The lump in my throat also didn't help.

These past days had been an emotional rollercoaster. I just didn't know what to think anymore.

'Listen to me, Y/N.' He started, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear before continuing. 'Growing up, my parents were never there for me. They never spent any time with me but I was never alone. Ran and I have always been there for each other. We're each other's family. When I met your dad and saw that he didn't even hesitate a second to sacrifice you in order to save himself, I...I just thought about how lonely you must have felt all those years...' A small smile then tugged at the corner of his lips as if a pleasant memory had just flashed through his mind. 'I can't explain what I felt when I first laid my eyes on you. I simply couldn't understand how your dad, or anyone, would ever want to stay away from you when all I wanted was to be as close to you as possible. I want you to feel like you have a home now. Someone who cares about you, who loves you unconditionally. Because I do. I love you.'

I could really feel it under his adoring gaze. The love radiating from him.

I was in desperate need of something or someone stable to hold onto and Rindou was serving this to me on a silver platter.

Should I accept it?

Sleeping with Ran felt amazing. It gave me a sense of emotional fulfilness, of security. But it was probably just ''sex'' to him, always temporary.

Would he ever offer me what Rindou was?