Chapter 5

When I woke up the next morning, I  was alone in the penthouse. Rindou had left a note on the marble counter of the kitchen. 

''I won't be back before tonight''

I ate breakfast and took a shower. An hour later, someone knocked at the door. I opened it, coming face to face with an older woman who had graying hair and kind eyes.

Her lips pulled up into a soft smile.  'Good morning miss Y/N. My name is Nora. I am here to assist you.'

'Oh, uhm... goodmorning.'

'Mister Haitani sent me to come take you shopping.'

'Shopping?'

Nora nodded in response. 

After putting my shoes on, I followed her out of the penthouse and into the elevator. A car was already waiting for us outside of the building and we both got in it. 

On the way, I couldn't help but think that Rindou had made a big mistake. He was letting me go shopping  without any bodyguards to keep an eye on me. 

Why wouldn't I take this opportunity to escape? I just need to wait for the right moment.

The car stopped in front of a designer clothes shop. My jaw dropped to the floor as me and Nora walked inside. This was the kind of store I had never even dreamt of going in.

Catching sight of the pricetag on a shirt, my eyes widened.

55000 yen for a simple white shirt?! This is insane!

Nora placed a hand on my arm when she noticed the shocked expression on my face. 'You can look around and pick things you want to try on, miss.'

I picked a few articles of clothing and headed to the fitting rooms. As I was putting on a dress, Nora called my name. 'Miss?'

'Yes?'

'I have to make a quick phone call, I'll be right back.'

When Nora's footsteps receded, my head peeked out from behind the curtain to look at the empty store. 

This it it. The opportunity I've been waiting for. 

Slowly, I stepped out of the fitting room and walked to the door. I placed my hand on the doorhandle but... couldn't open it. Not because it was locked but because I simply couldn't force myself to do it. 

Images of my father flashed through my mind. 

Rindou told me he'd kill me if I tried to escape but would he aslo kill my dad?

I lowered my hand and walked back to the fitting room, Rindou's words once again ringing in my ears. 

''You're mine now''

Yeah, it seems like it...

-------------------------------

When I came back with Nora to the penthouse, it was already dark outside. I bid her goodbye before walking in.

The lights were turned off and I struggled to find the switch. When the lights turned on, I nearly jumped out of my skin.

Rindou was sitting on the big couch in the middle of the room, his legs spread apart and his elbows resting on his knees. There was a glass of whiskey in his hands.

He started slowly clapping. 'Congrats, you passed the test.'

The... test?

Suddenly, I understood what he meant.

Nora probably pretended to have to make a phone call to see if I would try to run away. I didn't want to imagine what would have happened if I had.

Rindou leaned back into the couch, keeping his eyes on me as he took a sip of his drink. 'I really thought you'd try to escape.'

Under the dim lighting, I noticed the two dark circles that weren't under his eyes yesterday.

Did he lose sleep over this?

'I hope you won't be mad.'

'I get it. You don't trust me yet. I don't trust you either.' I replied.

Rindou silently stared at me for a few seconds before his eyes dropped to the bags I was holding. 'Did you find new clothes that you like?'

'Yes.'

He beckoned me over with one finger and I walked up to the couch.  

'Let me see what you bought.'

I handed him my bags and he took a look at what was inside before pointing at the last bag I was holding. 'What's in that one?'

'Nothing-'

He cut me off by taking it from my hands. A warm blush crept its way up my neck and across my face as Rindou picked up the thongs, panties and tights I had bought. 

'Put them on.' He ordered, handing me a pair of sheer black tights.

'What? Why?'

'I just need to check something.'

I stared back at him in confusion but took the pair of tights and headed to the bedroom. I put them on with a skirt over it before walking out and back to the living room.

I stopped in front of Rindou who was still sitting on the couch. 

'I told you to put the tights on, not the skirt.' When I didn't move, he spoke up again. 'Take the skirt off.'

Slowly, I slid the skirt down my legs and stepped out of it. 

'Come here.' Rindou ordered. I took a step towards him and gasped when he wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me closer. I was now standing between his legs.

He was gazing up at my face, his arm still around me.

'What did you need to check?' I asked. 

'Oh right, I almost forgot.'

Rindou's fingers brushed against the skin of my thighs through the fabric.

'What are you-'

He ripped the tights open with ease and his lips curved into a smirk as he looked from the whole he had created to my face.

'That was easy enough so you can keep them.'

When I understood what he was thinking about, I buried my face in my hands in embarassment. Rindou chuckled before wrapping both arms around my waist to pull me closer to him.

As he pressed his face into my belly, I was tempted to run my fingers through his hair. 

But I resisted.