Chapter 17

When I walked out of my bedroom the next morning, I was surprised to find Rindou in the kitchen. He was sitting at the table, one cup of coffee in hand, wearing a large white t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. His hair was still slightly disheveled which gave him an adorable look.

He looked up at me from his newspaper as I walked into the room. 'Good morning.'

'Good morning. I'm surprised you're still here.'

'In a good way?'

'In a good way.'

Always being on my own in that big penthouse felt lonely sometimes.

I sat at the other side of the table and took a slice of bread. Rindou poured me a cup of coffee.

'I found you a private teacher.' He said, placing the cup in front of me. 

My eyes slightly widened. 'Already? That was fast.'

'He's coming in an hour. His name is Isamu Tanaka-'

'Oh my god. Are you serious?' I dropped the piece of bread I was holding out of surprise. 'THE Isamu Tanaka?'

Rindou shrugged his shoulders. 'I guess, I had never heard of him before but Ran said he was one of the best scientific researchers in Tokyo.'

Ran... Of course he had something to do with this. He probably knew that that doctor was someone I admire. Maybe this is his way to make it up to me.

'He is. He wrote the most interesting books I've ever read about Alzheimer's disease, he discovered that the A.R.N messengers are...'

After five minutes of talking about doctor Tanaka's discoveries, I stopped and gave Rindou a faint smile. He had been silently listening to me, resting his head on his hand.

'Sorry, I'm rambling. It's probably annoying-'

'It's not. I just...' Rindou leaned back in his chair and ran a hand through his hair. '...I can't really hold a conversation about that type of stuff. I'm not that smart.'

'Don't say that.'

'It's true. I mean, I never went to university like you. I had bad grades at school.'

'Plenty of smart people never go to university. That doesn't mean anything.'

A teasing smirk tugged at Rindou's lips as he observed me. 'Should I really not be jealous of that Tanaka guy? You seem to admire him a lot.'

A similar smirk crept across my face. 'Do you really consider a 57 year-old man to be your competition, Rindou?'

'I don't know. Should I?'

I kept the eye contact as I took a bite of bread.  'Hmmm, maybe.'

Rindou's smirk broadened. He spread his legs and tapped his thigh twice. 'Come here.'

I hesitantly let go of the bread I was holding and stood up to make my way to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and made me sit on his lap.

With one hand, he grabbed my jaw with one hand to make me look at him. 'That Tanaka guy will never see you like this.'

'Like what?'

My breath caught in my throat as he trailed kisses up my neck and slid one hand under my shirt. He looked up at me in surprise when he noticed I wasn't wearing any underwear under it.

'No bra today?'

'Well, I don't-'

I gasped when his fingers started to play with one of my nipples. I shivered and wrapped my arms around his neck. 'Rin...'

His name slipped out of my mouth in a low whisper. His warm hand was now fondling my breasts as his other slid higher up my thigh.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. My head snapped towards it.

'Relax, it's probably just Ran.' Rindou gave my thigh a reassuring squeeze. But what he said did not manage to ''relax'' me. 

On the contrary.

'Come in!' Rindou shouted. 

A few seconds later, the man that had been on my mind all night strode into the kitchen, wearing an elegant suit. His eyes widened for a fraction of second as they settled on me and Rindou, silently observing the position we were in. 

I avoided making eye contact with him as he greeted us but I still felt the need to thank him for what he had done for me. 

I gazed up at Ran, catching him already staring at me. 'Rindou told me you're the one who suggested he hired Tanaka as my private teacher. So, thank you.'

A sastisfied smile appeared on his face. 'You're welcome.'

With the way Ran's eyes were gleaming, I knew he also had to be thinking about what had happened between us in that same kitchen only a few days ago. 

As Ran leaned his back against the counter he had fucked me raw on, his promise rang in my ears.

''I won't let you live with Rindou for long. Once I fuck you, no one else will.''

I quickly averted my gaze and stood up. 'I should probably get ready for my lesson.'

And with that, I scurried out of the kitchen.