Chapter 1

'Please stop!'

The man was crying, his face covered in his own blood. His whole house had just been turned upside down.

'I'll repay you, I promise I'll find the money! I'll give you everything I have!'

He tried to beg the gang member in front of him but got kicked in the face in response.

'You owe us 5000000 yen, mister Takahashi. Nothing you own is worth that.'

A sadistic grin played on the man's lips as he looked down at his victim. His eyes then slid to a broken photo frame on the floor. He kneeled to pick it up and observed the picture of the girl for a few seconds.

When he looked back at the bruised and battered man, his lavender eyes were shining with interest.

'I think I know how we can settle this...'

-------------------------------

Y/N's pov

I re-read my dad's text over and over again.

From dad to me - Come home now

It was the first time he had reached out to me in months. Him and I never talked to each other which is why that text was so unexpected.

The years my dad and I had spent living together in the same house had been the worst of my life. On top of being abusive when he was drunk, he had always partaked in the development of shady businesses that had only brought trouble to our family. So I was really excited when I moved out of our house to go to university a year ago.

I was studying to become a nurse like my mother. I took after her in terms of personality. She was thoughtful and gentle. Or at least that's what everyone said about her. She passed away when I was younger.

I tried to call my father but he didn't answer. After taking the subway for about 20 minutes, I headed to my dad's house. When I arrived in front of the door, I noticed it was already opened and I hesitantly took a step inside.

'Dad?'

The place was eerily silent. Closing the door behind me, I walked further inside and called my dad's name again. Only then did I realize something was wrong.

The whole house had been turned upside down and there was broken glass everywhere. I ran through the house towards my dad's office. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him tied to his chair, his face and clothes covered in blood.

'Dad?!' I ran up to him and took the cloth that had been shoved into his mouth before trying to untie his hands.

'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Y/N. Please, forgive me.'

I stared back at him in confusion. 'What are you apologizing for?'

'Probably for this.' Another person's voice came from behind me. 

Before I could turn around to see who had just talked, I was hit on the head and everything went black.