Chapter 2

I woke up with a start, my whole body covered in cold sweat. My eyes swept the large bedroom I was in. Every piece of furniture looked expensive and detailed by hand.

Where the hell am I? Is dad okay?

I cautiously got up from the king size beg I was laying on and stumbled to the door. When I opened it, I jolted in fear, my eyes quickly shooting up to the face of the man blocking my way. 

His hair was styled in a purple mullet with dark blue highlights and his lavender eyes were gazing down at me. 'Well, well. Trying to leave already? You just arrived.'

His deep voice projected a calm virility and sent shivers running down my spine. I walked backwards in an attempt to put more distance between us but the man followed me like a shadow, matching my step by step. 

When I fell on the bed behind me, he hovered above me, easily catching my wrists in one hand to pin them above my head.

My whole body stiffened as he leaned down and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck to breathe me in.

'Please, stop.'

The man pulled away to look at my face.

'Please.' I repeated.

His lavender eyes dropped to my body that was trembling under his. Slowly, he let go of me and stood back up.

'Sit up.' He ordered.

I obeyed his command, avoiding making eye contact with him.

'Do you know why you're here?'

I shook my head no in response.

'Did you know your father was in debt?' When I stayed silent, he continued. 'He owes me 500 million yen.'

500... million?!

'I don't have anything to do with that.' I whispered. 

The man tilted my chin up and we locked eyes. 'Now you do because I made a deal with your father.'

A deal? 

'You in exchange of a debt settlement.'

'My dad would never accept that.'

The man let out a dark chuckle. 'Oh he did, without hesitation.'

His gaze followed the single tear that escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek. 'Don't cry.'

The man's lips curled up into a smirk as he watched me do my best to choke up my tears. 'So obedient.' 

His gaze traveled from my eyes to my lips and he leaned down. But right before his lips could touch mine, I turned my head to the side.

His breath fanned across my cheek before he stood back up and raised his hand. Thinking he was about to hit me, I flinched. My eyes squeezed shut as I braced myself for the impact. This had become an instincitve reaction for me due to the years of abuse inflicted by my own dad.

When nothing came, I opened my eyes again just in time to catch the look of surprise that crossed the man's face. His expression quickly turned neutral again. He lowered his hand and put it back into the pocket of his elegant suit.

'Just to make things clear, you belong to me now. You're Bonten's property.'

Bonten? 

Of course I had heard of the most dangerous criminal organizations in Japan. But I would have never imagined my dad had anything to do with it.

'You'll do whatever we want you to do. And if you ever try to leave, I'll kill you.'

The threat came out so naturally out of his mouth that he must have said this kind of things everyday.

'Now, get ready for dinner.'

With that, he turned around to walk back to the door. 

I grabbed his arm, making him look back at me. 'Can I at least know your name?'

His expression softened for a split second when my voice betrayed my nervosity.

'Rindou Haitani.'