Orephi Chapter 5- Star Chart

~Chapter 5- Star Chart~

Jirro brought Ruben to Emer, Dimon, and the other Densius living among the Platt Mountains. Many were horrified at the condition of its body, but Ruben maintained a relaxed disposition, as if it knew it would be okay.

They set Ruben at the center of their community and began fetching rocks from all across the mountain and setting them around the boulder child. One by one, rocks bonded to its body, forming the beginnings of a new arm and two new legs.

Jirro sat on a boulder nearby and watched as the Densius rushed to repair his friend. Ruben looked at Jirro, "Did you find the Orephi people?"

"Yeah, it turns out they're not outlaws. Mauri's crew were, and they were after them," Jirro answered. He recalled that he said he'd meet them back at their ship. They were probably waiting for him... but Ruben was more important. He'd go see the Orephi once he was sure Ruben would be okay.

"Are they nice?" Ruben asked casually. It was a little funny seeing how talkative the young Densius was as it was being put back together.

Jirro chuckled, "They seemed like it. Harmless too. But, I bet they're stranded as well."

Jirro chatted with Ruben until the sun rose. By then, the young boulder child had newly formed arms and legs to use. When it tried to stand, it was very wobbly. Most Densius weren't used to bonding that many stones to their bodies in such a short span of time. But Ruben was strong and was able to hobble around on its new rocky legs after a little practice.

Once Ruben felt comfortable, it asked, "Do you want to go see the Orephi now?"

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I think you should take it easy," Jirro suggested.

"We'll go slow! Besides, the walk will help me get used to my new limbs," Ruben answered. Jirro never realized how perseverant the boulder child was.

The two walked at a leisurely pace from the Platt Mountains to the woods where the Orephi's ship crashed. They found Wroth and Celic sitting out on logs in front of their vessel.

Wroth stood once he sighted them, "I was wondering where you were!"

"Sorry about the wait! I had to help my friend out first," Jirro explained.

Wroth's eyes widened as he spotted Ruben, "Oh my! Are you a Densius? I've never met one of your kind before," Wroth knelt and extended his hand to the boulder child, "I am Wroth. It is nice to meet you."

Ruben extended its rocky hand and shook Wroth's, "I'm Ruben! Nice to meet you too!"

"I've always wondered... with your people being made entirely of rocks, how is it that you're able to speak without lungs or any sort of diaphragm?"

Ruben stared blankly at the eloquent Orephi and shrugged, "Not sure."

Wroth looked around the surrounding area, "You know, you should be careful with those outlaws around. If they hear about the Heartstone your people have, they may be so bold as to try and steal it."

Ruben raised its rock-brows, "You don't say?"

Wroth and Celic guided them into their ransacked ship and brought them to the back of their ship where their drive waited. The metal mechanism was crunched and bent harshly.

"Tell me, does this world possess any means of celestial travel?" Celic asked.

Jirro and Ruben returned vacant stares, "I don't think so."