Orephi Chapter 1- Flying Ships

(13A) The Lands of Ralosia: The Orephi (7k words)

Jirro and Ruben are relaxing on Platt Mountain when they see a peculiar sight - flying ships. Visitors arrive who claim to be from a place called the Expanse, the space that extends beyond the sky. They're in pursuit of outlaws known as the Orephi. These strange visitors take a keen interest in the Densius Ruben, as well as ascertaining that the Lands of Ralosia is cursed.

(8/10/21) Self Edited, Audio Edited, and Peer edited.

Peer edited by Mikrokosmostae

-------------------------------------------------------------

~Chapter 1- Flying Ships~

~Age 989B~

         Jirro sat around a campfire with the Densius people among the Platt Mountains. The grey-scale mountain range spanned much of the Lands of Ralosia and was surrounded by lush green plains on all sides.

         The blond-haired 14-year-old had been staying within the Densius settlement for a while. These beings composed entirely of rock and earth were comprised of grey stones and took on humanoid shapes. At the center of each Densius's being was a Heartstone, a gem that acted as their source of life.

         Jirro sat beside the red-eyed Densius known as Ruben. It's round, boulder-like body had relatively short arms and legs. The two chatted about old times together, recalling the time they faced off against bandits and explored a volcano. Fun times.

         But Jirro felt guilty for relaxing. He hadn't seen his dad in over a year, and his search hadn't brought him any closer. He believed that tracking him down should be the priority.

         "I think I'll have to get going soon," Jirro remarked as they looked at the fire, "I should keep looking for my dad."

         Ruben furrowed its rocky brow, "I wish you could stay longer, but I get it. When will you go?"

         "Probably in the morning."

         "We'll see each other again at the tournament though, right?"

         "Of course!"

         Embers of fire drifted up towards the night sky. Jirro gazed up at the vibrantly colored stars to the west. He saw... something. Two masses moved through the air at great speed, with lights streaming behind them.      

         "What is that?" Ruben asked.

         "No clue," Jirro responded. The other Densius around them were astounded by the sight as well. They looked at the two masses as they drew closer to the ground. It almost looked like boats flying through the air. They never saw anything like it.

         A flying boat made of wood was being followed closely by a metal ship; its size made it look like a brigantine. Muzzle fire shot out from the metal ship, and a cannonball rocketed from it and struck the wooden ship. 

         The wooden ship began to spiral out of control before striking down in a wooded area among the plains. The metal ship circled above the impact point in the air.

         Jirro had many questions, but most of all, he was concerned for whoever crashed. "We should check that out."

         "Yeah," Ruben agreed.

         The other Densius told them to be careful, and they hurried down the mountain. They jumped high into the air, falling from heights that no normal person could withstand. Fortunately, they were both very formidable. Despite Ruben's rocky form, it was quite agile.