Collector Chapter 1- Aero & Hopper

(12A) The Lands of Ralosia: The Collector (8k Words)

Aero travels about the Lands of Ralosia with his Chihuahua Hopper, and comes across an old woman named Veena who has her own Chihuahau. Their path crosses with those who would take such a rare animal into captivity. Aero seeks to bring down the one responsible. The Collector.

(11/24/22) Self edited, Audio edited, Peer edited

Peer editing by Mikrokosmostae

--------------------

~Chapter 1- Aero & Hopper~

~Age 988 B~

         A gentle breeze ran over the lush green plains in the Lands of Ralosia. Through those plains ran a rare canine beast, a Chihuahua. Of all the breeds of dogs in this world, this sort was one of the largest. It stood over 3 meters tall, with legs that were taller than most people. From birth, the dog had gray hair, a thick white mane around his neck, and long pointed ears. The dog was called Hopper.

         Beside Hopper was Aero, a young boy of thirteen with rough black hair, running alongside it. Any normal person couldn't possibly keep up with the Chihuahua, but he was a boy of extraordinary strength. He ran with his dog to push his own endurance further.

         But even he had limits.

         Aero stopped in place, completely out of breath, "Okay Hop, I'm done. Can you give me a ride?"

         Hopper trotted through the plains back to its owner, with its head stooped down to allow him to climb on top. But as soon as Aero tried, the dog playfully scampered away, wiggling its nub of a tail.

         "Come on bud, I'm tired! Let me on!" Aero exclaimed through labored breaths.

         Hopper trotted back to Aero and picked up the boy in his mouth, carefully applying enough pressure to hold him, but not to hurt him. Hopper carried the boy around like this.

         "This isn't what I had in mind bud."

         Hopper chucked Aero into the air and the boy landed on the Chihuahua's back, "That's better," Aero said as he gently gripped the white fur of the dog.

         Aero and Hopper continued to travel north towards Oopa's village, with the Platt Mountain range in sight to the east. The boy wore a bag of supplies over his back, it should be enough until he reaches Lupine Lake.

         As they traveled, they passed by a carriage being pulled by two large and fluffy domesticated animals- goats. Each of them stood around Aero's height, but Hopper towered over them.

         Aero caressed Hopper's head to keep him from growling at them, but the temperamental Chihuahua did so anyways. The dog simply didn't like anyone besides Aero.

         "We need to work on your manners bud," Aero said as they rushed past the carriage.

         The sun began to set, so they stopped near Platt Mountain, in an area with a few scattered trees. It would make a good campsite.

         Aero found a decently sized tree, one that would be good to use for fire. With his bare hand he chopped at the tree, cutting through its bark. He did so again, sinking deeper into it.

         Aero stared at his hand, flexed, and a faint red light appeared around his fist. He chopped at the tree again, but this time he cut cleanly through it. The red light around his hand dissipated, but the boy felt slightly winded.