Chapter. 16

The next day I got a phone ring and I decided to check who it was because usually, I don't pick up my phone due to anxiety but what the hell, it turns out to be Philip and I answered.

"Hello Jordan," Philip greeted.

"Hi Philip," I greeted back.

"I'm calling because I wanted us to meet back up, to check up on how you're doing," Philip proposed.

"Alright, when do you want to meet up?" I asked in curiosity.

"Hmm, perhaps the weekend should work, around six o'clock pm," Philip responded.

"Sounds great, see you then," I said, dismissing the brief conversation.

"Bye Jordan."

"Bye," I said, then hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Amelia asked, I looked over at her, she was making herself a snack, it was shrimp alfredo.

"Oh a friend I met a few weeks ago," I said.

"You have friends?" Amelia jokingly asked.

"Something like that."

"Uh-huh, would you like some of my shrimp alfredo? I kinda made too much for just me," Amelia said.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry," I said, it was a blatant lie considering I haven't eaten in two days.

"You sure? What have you eaten today?" Amelia asked me.

"Umm, I had waffles."

"Alright, there'll be leftovers for when you get hungry later, I'm gonna go tell mom and Messiah," Amelia said.

"Anyways it was nice speaking to you again, you're always locked up in your room so nobody gets to see you days at a time," Amelia said in worry.

"Yea well when you're like me I can't do what regular 'teenagers' do, and when I'm a fully-fledged adult I won't be able to do 'adult' things either."

Amelia looked at me with a confused yet puzzled face trying to decipher what she thinks I was getting at.

"Well you know I'm always available if you want to go on a rant or something equivalent of the sort."

"I know, thanks," as I ended our conversation and went back to my room.

It was six o'clock pm on Saturday and Philip just picked me up and headed to a local restaurant to eat and talk. I was wearing baggy clothes, a sweater that was black with a few white stripes on the sleeves, black sweat pants, and Jordan 11 retro Jubilee twenty-fifth Anniversary that were freaked—like all my Jordans—and I had cornrow braids in.

We arrived at Apple bees, the lady at the front walked us to our tables after we got checked in, we sat down at our table and ordered our food and drinks.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yes, I'll take a grilled chicken caesar salad with water."

"And how about you young sir?"

"Chicken tenders and fries with a strawberry lemonade is fine for me."

"Alrighty, I'll be back with your food and drinks shortly." The waitress said, after she finished writing down our orders on a notepad then walked away.

"So Jordan how have you been since our last meet-up?"

"Never been better."

Philip looked at me as if he knew I was being disingenuous, "Is that your honest answer?" Philip asked again, expecting some truth.